Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys are from Indiana, i am from southern indiana about 25miles north of louisville right on the ohio river. Also were do u guys from indiana ride most frequently?

·
Registered
43 Posts
hey dude.. i am from indianapolis.. we should go ridding sometime... we are going to haspin acres on March 13-15th for sure. you should come if you are not busy..

tony

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Peru

Just north of Kokomo. (I know "way down in Kokomo..")

I have a track and some woods riding.

We go to the Badlands, Haspin Acres, MI, OH, and PA.

Post when and where everyone rides and we should hook up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, I live in Muncie. I just purchased my KFX 400 yesterday. I traded in my 02 Polaris Scrambler. I am oriinally from Evansville and have ridden many of the old stripper pits in southern Indiana. I hear you can ride on a few of them in the Lynnville area. Let me know what other areas are out there besides Haspin Acres and the Badlands. Is anyone going to the Spring ride at Coal Creek in Tennesse in April?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
haha another rider from Muncie!! whats up man? Im actually in Yorktown but as u know thats right by Muncie. Im going to Haspin March 8th, hopefully some Z riders can meet up down there. The 13-15 I have a business convention thing in indy, blah! IUKFX did u get ur bike at APS? Shoot me an IM, mattbare300 is my screenname

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey! I'm from Cambridge City. It's about 20-25 mins. from the Ohio Line on I-70. I am plannin on getting my Blaster back together after I blew it up the other day and sellin it then gettin a KFX400!!!!!!! CAN"T WAIT! We've ridin at Badlands once. It was FREAKIN COLD! My dad bent his a-arm, which sucked. We plan on goin when it get's a lot warmer out. May see some of u there! LATA!!!!

MATT :gun2

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Z400 you havent been to Haspin yet have ya? I may just have to come down there and show you guys around!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I live in Valparaiso. We go to the Badlands about once a month. Normally we ride in Michigan City near the Prison. A guy that works for me is buddies with the old owner of Haspin (who is now dead) but we have never been there yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
We live near Evansville, we ride at Turkey Bay, and a couple riding areas around here local. We usually make the spring and fall rides at Windrock as well. Planning on trying out the Badlands too. Any news on that new state run riding area called Red Bird up by Dugger, IN.? It is supposed to open this spring.

·
Registered
80 Posts
RED BIRD................hmmmmmm...I have rode there once. Straight up, straight down, straight up straight down, over and over. The state needs to do alot of work to that place to make it fun. We have a cabin about 10 min from there, back in the old stripper pits. My cousins have rode out there for years, but did I mention that I have VERY PAINFULL memories. We are going back sometime around MAY-JUNE.

PS If you can find the high school, it is about 3-4 miles east of it. On the road that borders the North side of the school.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ride

mudcat, i am going to school at University of Evansville right now. DO you ride very often at lynville, well Spuregon is where we ride since they closed down lynville. I am from new washington indiana bout 25miels north of louisville its a 2 hr drive from home to school. WHere is that place that you were talking about riding? We go to west virgina (hatfield and Mccoy) and we have been to Big Rock and Mt.Parkway. Big rock was not that good :?

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow.. there are a lot more indiana riders than i thought.. we should all get together and ride somewhere.. that would be great..

tony

·
Registered
232 Posts
That would be kool! I wanna know if there's ne more places to ride besides Haspin Acres around Cambridge City (which is about 18 miles from Ohio State on I-70) Thanks!

MATT :gun2

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am also from Indiana I live near Santa Clause which is where Holiday World is located. Would like to ride at atica or the badlands sometime when it stops snowing and warms up.
P.S. I also have brother with a Z and my dad owns a drz and a vinson

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tclapp, Windrock is near Knoxville, TN. and has possibly the best riding in this part of the country. It covers 72,000 acres goes from 600 ft. to well over 4000ft in elevation, the trails are mapped and marked with degree of dificulty. Good hotels nearby, free camping at the trailhead and priced very cheap for what you get. go to Windrock atv clubs website for more info.
We ride Spurgeon from time to time as well as a few other areas around here. I can ride from my house to Spurgeon on trails mostly, it is around 25 miles. I have heard about Big Rock, I had some friends that went to Haspin last year and one truck got broke into and all over them got rocks slung all over them and scratched up. I have heard similar stories from several others as well. I think they need to enforce the rules a little better.

Go here for more info on Windrock http://www.windrockatv.com/

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Haspin is really a place you love or hate. Personally I have never had a problem there. I like the place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That is cool ya I ride out there alot. I love it there.
Small World!

·
Registered
74 Posts
hey mudcat where are you from

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im from Northern Indiana. Wanatah. I dont live too far away from freakystone.. never met him though. Ive been the the badlands a couple times.. never been to haspin.. Whats that like ???

1 - 20 of 35 Posts