Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting a slip on on the Z, but since I'm still paying it off funds are a little low. So what would be some of the least expensive ones to look at, it doesn't have to add huge power or anything. Just sound good and maybe a bit more power. Thanks for any help. :)

G

·
i have the HMF slip on and i love it, it gives it nice power, and it sounds great, plus...it was only $230 and you can get a jet kit with it for only $5. hope this helps :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have to buy a mid pipe with yours or just the slip on. Cause I was lookin at FMF and they say you need this mid pipe with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
the hmf is a great pipe for low to mid power but is a little on the loud side. until whitebro comes out with a promeg slip on id go with the hmf.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Cheap pipe

The Muzzy pipe is only $195.00 and a guy on here--youngstown..something is his name can sell it to you for $185.00 with free shipping. That is the cheapest I've found, and also, you can buy the HMF from quadshop for $218.45(only the plain one-not powdercoated) These are the two I'm considering.

P.S. The FMF and HMF are 2 different pipes. The FMF DOES require the mid-pipe, the HMF does not.[/url]

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Not to hijack your post but if you buy the slipon is it the same setup that comes with the full exhaust just minus the header? Just wondering if there's a difference between the two when it comes to upgrading later.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes

yes the slip-on comes with no header. I got my powercoated black HMF for 209.99 shiped. I love it

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quadrookie- thanks for clearing that up, that you only need the mid pipe with the FMF cause I thought you might need that for any slip on. Thanks for all your help guys. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
yea

waht happened was i ordered it from ATV addiction for 209.99(not powercoated) and they sent it. It was for a different model. So i called HMF and said hey this is the wrong one. So the said i am sending you one today and i will just take back the old one. Then i said well how much is it if i were to get it in black. He said o well since we sent you the wrong one, i will not charge.(normally 20 extra). O yea and atv addiction has free shipping if the stuff is over $200. They can get anything cheap. Real good guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
not yet

no i dotn have it on yet. I have a broken collar bone so i didnt need to put it on right away. I will put it on as soon as i can then i will try to post some pics. If you kinda want to see it then go on HMF's homepage, and look under yamaha atvs they are on there, but i will have pics soon. Their web site is http://www.hmfengineering.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts