1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Pipe & Header

How much of a power gain to you acheive with the pipe and header?

Also what was the cost and did you install it yourself?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
power gain from pipe and jetting

trinity says i will get a 7 or so hp gain. i am installing the high flow k& n filter with the adaptor this saturday. i will also be putting on my new kenda gecko sand tires for my rears on also. i notice that trying to race has been harder to do on the take off. the darn bike likes to wheely all the time. i just need to work on the take off. im going to ride in the sand this weekend so will let you know how it handles.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this weekend was a blast

well i installed the k&n filter adaptor in my air box, which i had to take out. after it was on i noticed a small crevace on the top, so i siliconed that area. i put an outerwear on the filter but did not put the airbox lid back on. i also put my kenda gecko sand tires on. they did great in the sand on the corners and out performed all the other quads with regular tires. i was roosting atleast 30 ft. when i was hauling a$$. doing donuts in the sand was not as easy as doing them with regular tires on gravel. taking off was pretty good. i was kinda in damp sand mostly.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to answer your questions directly

i cannot tell you the hp gain. i havent had it dynoed. but i can tell i have a lot of torque. i can almost keep up with my buddies 02 raptor. im am not a professional, so dont let that be a big factor. the Trinity stage 4 setup cost me $439 and i had my buddies friend install pipe ang jetting. i paid him $40 bucks. it took him about 90 minutes. he has worked on a lot of raptors previously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts