Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the big bore kit installed,,I felt that a crab was a must. I JUST installed it and took it for a spin. Has ALOT better throttle response and seems to pull harder through the gears,,,wont know the power advantage till I line up with my Raptor riding buddy. I was beating him by 4 in a drag race from stand still to top of 5th. I'll post results as they unfold.

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the big bore kit installed,,I felt that a crab was a must.  I JUST installed it and took it for a spin. Has ALOT better throttle response and seems to pull harder through the gears,,,wont know the power advantage till I line up with my Raptor riding buddy. I was beating him by 4 in a drag race from stand still to top of 5th. I'll post results as they unfold.[/b]

Not flaming, just asking. How does your Z stand up to a Speed? I have both and need to sell one. I love them both. I want reverse and the Suzuki simplicity but I want the rush and balls of the Speed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The Z needs a 440 kit with the accompanying parts to beat a Dale. The Dales are set-up to their max with the exception of mapping. The Z's are more reliable so far and I am producing more power than a Moto. It all depends on which you feel better on. I personally would sell the Dale.

·
Registered
91 Posts
back on topic here- about the FCR39...
did it just bolt in or did you need a different boots? ... if so, what boots from what bike?
what about the throttle? did you swap to a twist or stay with a thumb throttle?
did you have to make any mods to put just the carb on?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The carb fit right in,,, the stock boots worked fine,,although,,it IS a tighter fit than the stocker. Im NOT convinced that the boot running from the carb to the airbox is sufficient though,,I'm researching that now. It already has a "crimped" design from the factory, the 39 just makes it even worse,,,BUT,, it DOES run just fine like I said earlier. I'm using a 400EX thumb throttle to accomodate the new cable,,you CAN drill and tap the stock throttle housing. Just take the stock cable out of the assy and reinstall the throttle cap,,, you will drill the existing "slot" turning it into a tapped hole, said to work fine,,but I had a thumb throttle already,, so what the heck,,,the cap said "HONDA" on it,,,so I ordered a polished cap from NACS racing.

G

·
Godspeed....You are gonna get rid of one of your quads and don't know which one to get rid of man? I thought it was hands down Dale for you. Let me know if you are getting rid of the Dale and how much as I have a Buddy interested in maybe getting a Dale.

WP....What's the price difference in the end?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts