Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did some searching.
I'm sure this carb has been jetted for the slip on

When I bought the quad it had no air filter. (Quad rode fine)
I did an oil change and installed a new UNI filter. Now I'll get 1/2 throttle and the bike cuts out.

Does anyone have any idea what jet I need to put back to "stock" I really want to run a filter.

That's the jet in there now. I cant make out the #'s on top looks like
.9 maybe???? Any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
I’m guessing that used to be a 160 before they cut it up? Try a 155.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
I don't think that's the main jet.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
The jet you had in the pic is the starter jet, its not important for tuning. The hex shaped jet beside it is the Main Jet. I can't make out the number on it, but stock is a 130 Mikuni. A heavily oiled filter will make it run rich, btw, make sure you squeeze it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The jet you had in the pic is the starter jet, its not important for tuning. The hex shaped jet beside it is the Main Jet. I can't make out the number on it, but stock is a 130 Mikuni. A heavily oiled filter will make it run rich, btw, make sure you squeeze it out.

Is that the main jet?? I dont see any #'s but 22.5?? On it

I did put oil on the filter. I didn't over soak it though.

I'm thinking there were lots of "hacks" on this quad. I'm actually happy I got it bc me and my son are learning so much about them together!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
22.5 would be the stock pilot jet. What you have there is the pilot jet and holder. The only other jet that you haven’t pulled yet is the main. Should be anywhere from a 135 to 160.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts