Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm working on replacing the bottom end on my buddies bike. He bought a good used bottom end with piston and cylinder, but I have to use his head. Depending on how his piston and cylinder look I might swap those over to the new bottom end as well. When I do this where should I have the piston? Should I have the piston down towards the bottom or all the way up, or possibly somewhere in between when installing the cylinder?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've always had the rod all the way up but it will move on ya.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so probably set it at tdc and go from there there? I know I'll have to double check before installing cams and timing chain

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have another question.. When I go to pull the motor out of the frame is it necessary or easier to remove the head before pulling motor out of the frame?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have another question.. When I go to pull the motor out of the frame is it necessary or easier to remove the head before pulling motor out of the frame?

Its way easier with the head removed. Don't forget the oil lines on the bottom of the motor always. The toughest part is usually the swing arm bolt so you may wanna hit that with some PB blaster or something.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Doesnt matter what position the piston is in. Just whatever is easier for you to get it in the jug. It wont matter till you go to install the head. You can get it out without taking the head off. The headstay unbolts from the frame and comes out. Then the rest just comes right out. Its always nice to have a second pair of hands helping though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts