Votes: 0 0.0%
  • champion

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get a hotter plug? Do you need a hotter plug? And if you need/can get a hotter plug what model number and brand. You can see my mods in my signature to help answer?

Thanks in advance Bob

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
A hotter plug is rarely needed. With increase in HP a colder plug is more ofted needed. More heat generated from more HP = more heat needs to be shed so a colder plug is in order.

A hotter plug doesn't generate more heat or more spark or light the mixture better. If too hot, it can act like a glow plug and cause big problems. Remember, a spark plug has two jobs, and two jobs only. Make a spark, and remove heat from the cylinder.

A splitfire plug doesn't generate more spark. Electricity always takes the path of least resistance.

Yet another great link on jetting and plug reading with pictures and a description on how to read your spark plugs heat range, and if it's too hot or too cold.

http://members.uia.net/pkelley2/sparkplugreading.html

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When testing in arizona, my dad's powertrain calibration team found that the split fires increase emissions and hurt performance.

G

·
Can you get a hotter plug?  Do you need a hotter plug?  And if you need/can get a hotter plug what model number and brand.  You can  see my mods in my signature to help answer?

Thanks in advance Bob[/b]
You can get a hotter plug. No, you don't need it. bvstone's note to you here contained very good info..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts