Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i built my own exhaust and i am running a 170 main jet, i was just curious if any other person was running that jet with their aftermarket exhaust? i am running a stock filter with no lid or snorkel and the exhaust is a megaphone type exhaust which u can see straight through. and it sure is loud, but as long as it gets me the holeshot is ok by me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm running a 165 main with Yosh full pipe, and air box cut out - no snorkel - will be going to a proflow with two stage foam filter no airbox cover- runs great - live at apprx. 200' above sea level

G

·
NOSS airbox adapter http://www.nossmachine.com/suzuki.htm

I'm running a 165 main with Yosh full pipe, and air box cut out - no snorkel - will be going to a proflow with two stage foam filter no airbox cover- runs great - live at apprx. 200' above sea level[/b]
Why go ProDesign pro flow.... I as well as others here can tell you the NOSS airbox adapter http://www.nossmachine.com/suzuki.htm is designed well and the fit and finish is great! Priced way less then the ProDesign airbox adapter ( mention membership here at Z400central.com and get even more $ off) . Also, the way NOSS has made the adapter fit around the airbox lip it is far superior to ProDesigns adapter. Install took less then 15 mins. I did not even have to remove the airbox. Used a stubby phillips head screwdriver of the appropriate size to bore the necessary 4 holes in the airbox. Just make a small poke hole and then pressing firmly on the end of the business end of the phillips head screwdriver, twist it around and around til it goes through the airbox. Found this the easiest way as my dremel and elec. drill were to big to fit into the airbox. After holes were made, inserted the 4 bolts and placed nuts on by reaching them with a needle nose pliers. Box end wrench on them and tightened them up. Again, easy install. The adapter is excellent and I am using the UNI (works ith UNI or K&N) also purchased from NOSS Machine. Think NOSS if you need an adapter not only for best price but a very good product offering!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts