Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to pipe my KFX but I dont want it to loud!!!!!!!!!!
Any recemendations?
RIDE-ON!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
what about the fmf q-series suposed to be real quiet

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
All of the tests show that the White Brothers E-Series are not that loud to begin with and they offer a quiet core insert which supposedly quiets them 3-4db more. They are also tunable with the discs. I personally do not have one but it was picked best overall by Dirt Wheels in their test on the 400EX. Take that with a grain of salt though because you never know if the mags are biased or not. Do some research online, the info is out there. www.google.com for researching and www.whitebrothers.com for the WB home page....good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
A caution regarding the White Bros. E: my friend had one on his mx-prepared 400EX and after one season, one of the headpipes broke at the cylinder and the internal baffle had vibrated loose. (He replaced it with a Trinity.)

·
Registered
517 Posts
My yosh is not that quiet...but.

When just cruisin, the Yosh Ti pipe is just a little louder than stock...but, crank up the RPMs and the sound increases geometrically...very loud...but not really noisy...just like a NASCAR at full throttle, MUSIC TO THE EARS...the CTs sound good too...buddy has one on his 400ex.

I had a white supertrapp on a TT250...some years ago...great pipe and silencer...had the discs for tuning, though never really used them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I would like a pipe with a open end instead of the white bro.
NOT TOO LOUD though (sorry was I yelling) :eek:
RIDE-ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i would wouldnt mind a loud pipe as long as it wasnt like screaming sounding, like a banshee lol, id want a loud pipe with a grunt, like monster trucks, i hate the sound of banshees, and r/c cars lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok...im thinking about getting the trinity iv pipe. is that a good pipe to go with? right now the z is bone stock. i wanna add a few things to it just to get a little more out of it, but i'm not gonna go crazy with it. I'm basically content with it and don't have alot of money to be putting towards it. Also.... just want to have a few links so i can check things out and get info......... any good websites for quad parts/performance/accessories??

And should i change my air filter over to something like a K&N filter?

Thanks guys......

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you want it to be pretty quite. Order the Yoshimura system and get the TEC insert for anywhere from $28-44 depending where you order them from. I got mine from ATV Sports Plus for $428 w/the inserts and got free shipping.

·
Registered
939 Posts
ATV SPORTS PLUS

Does ATV SPORTS PLUS have a website? or how did you get a hold of them?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am running the Yosh with the mid sized TEC noise restricter. I had the open end on originally and it was really loud. Not loud when your riding it but loud when your behind it, or hear it go by! I don't want to w00ter anybody off. Noise was a factor in choosing a 4stroke and their noise will travel farther than a 2stroke if unrestricted. The mid sized tip seems to be a good comprimise. No significant loss in HP. I also heard the FMF Q is a quiet pipe with good HP.

·
Registered
993 Posts
FMF Q Muffler and Powerbomb Header

I can tell you from experience that the FMF Q Muffler and Powerbomb Header offers performance without the noise. I am happy with it so far! It is definitely not loud and close to stock dB, although it sounds meatier than stock.

Out!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Xtreme, If you want to check out a Good site with Links to Parts and Mods check out sandbros.com Lots of links to cool stuff!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm tellin ya get an MBRP its real quiet and with a 170 main( not the pos 155 they used in the shootout)It RIPS!!! Just got mine on last week and its fantastic!! huge gains across the band and the top end is good too. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I bought a yoshi comp full system.

I can tell you the quality of the pipe is TOP OF THE LINE!!!!!!!

However, its loud as HELLow!!!!

I hope the tec insert helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
MBRP!!! I a complete MBRP system for sale with a slip on that is brand new and the header only has 5 hours on it. I switched to a Yoshi Comp system because the MBRP was too quiet for me. The MBRP is very quiet. It sounds like stock, just a touch louder. The Yoshi is very loud...louder than I was shooting for. Even now with the medium TEC insert, it's still much louder than the MBRP ever was. I am selling the MBRP system I have for $300 if you're interested. Like I mentioned, the silencer is brand new (MBRP had to replace the original one b/c they forgot to include the spark arrestor fitting inside the tip on the first one), and the header only has 5 hours.

Thanks,
[email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts