Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been working on the quad some more and i think its really starting to pay off, not bad for a $400 qaud eh? tires should get here today, and i'll mount them hopefully saterday :blah:
P1030679.jpg
link skid i fabed up out of scrap
P1030686.jpg
:D
P1030688.jpg
:D
P1030689.jpg
took the paint i put on back off looks better now and the nwe to me brakes system, disk likes to get that thin layer of rust tho

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not bad for 400 bucks, looks good. That's how mine started out. I got it for 600 off good old craigslist.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well lol 400 + the hundred into it and a shiz ton of making stuff, now we got new tires 180 but i am i love with it <3 :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol i got a stack of new artaxs sitting next to it as i got them to day, they will be my job tomorrow :) heres the bike as of ten min ago

Stange two 001.jpg
Like my balls? lol
Stange two 003.jpg
Tires :)
Stange two 006.jpg
Mud screen!
Stange two 011.jpg

Stange two 009.jpg
My custom heel gaurds, basic, yes but heck, they do the job amd i can easyily update them with a welder, that is of couse when i get a welder :p
Stange two 012.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Man that thing is lookin great for what little bit u have into it. I have the same artrax tires and they have been great so far.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!!!!! I can't wait to have traction

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think you will be impressed with them

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
The price was right for sure!
The seat really sets it off!
I can't wait to see what it looks like in a year of two.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ya that seat does annoy me i got $50 bucks i don't have better use for that im gonna prob get a 13t sprocket, a pull choke and a seat cover all off ebay and ill also some longer bar clamp bolts so i can raise my bars

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres some more pics, tires were a biitch and only got 2 on the rim but they still need to be seated. i also made some air scoops that i riveted on the stock shroud and a frame guard to redirect heat away from my leg from the pipe and just cause it looks sharp, im am loving the way it looks. dang tires gonna put me back some cash to, cause im prob gonna take them some where as i can't get them to seat any tips???

Attachments

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
Heres some more pics, tires were a biitch and only got 2 on the rim but they still need to be seated. i also made some air scoops that i riveted on the stock shroud and a frame guard to redirect heat away from my leg from the pipe and just cause it looks sharp, im am loving the way it looks. dang tires gonna put me back some cash to, cause im prob gonna take them some where as i can't get them to seat any tips???
whats your problem with your tires they wont seat on the bead? or you cant get your old tires off?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
lube up the bead and hit them with alot of air..........or spray starting fluid in the tire and hit it with a lighter (not recommened....but it works, well).

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Here ya go.............and it never looked like this when we did it.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
lube up the bead and hit them with alot of air..........or spray starting fluid in the tire and hit it with a lighter (not recommened....but it works, well).
+1... Ether works amazing as well.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I love how they're mounting wasted bald tires.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what the issue is that the bead don't even wanna stay against the rim

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
I had a small nick on the bead of one of the tires on our newest quad and that sucker wouldn't seat for nothing. Didn't make much sense but I ended up taking it to a shop that's bread and butter is mounting tires on bikes and quads and they couldn't get it. I ended up having to put a tube in it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can also use a small ratchet strap to go around the circumference of the tire. Doing this will get cause enough of a seal that the incoming air will seat it the rest of the way.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
still not the issue lol the way they had been shipped the main face is in like a v shape,so the tire doesn't even want to seat lol my dvx changes so often i look at the pics from the start of this tread and how it looks now it's quite crazy how little work it is in the details to really make a quad look nice

1 - 20 of 20 Posts