Hot Start on Clutch for Reverse
Honda Thumber:eek: to go with the FCR
Odi Rogues
Fly Bars
Custom Dash
Misc:
HID Headlight Conversion
Clarke 4.0 Gallon Tank
Relocated Black Box (one of the best things I did!)
G-Force Extended Rear Hubs
6-Paddle Haulers on 8x6 DWT Blues
Dune Runners Up Front
Little bit more of this and that..........

·
Premium Member
4,092 Posts
I vote he be disqualified! The rules clearly state that you must own the quad. That is not his quad! It is his Son's!

Just kidding! Nice ride! Congrats!

Dan

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts
nope still mine.....and always will be! He'll be getting on one of the 400's this season though. It may be my wife's (to ride). I'm going to leave it up to her if she would rather ride my quad or not. It would probably be better to keep the boy off mine anyway..he's just dying to go up every hill in Glamis that he can't do now on the slug Z250(it dunes well though). The wife's quad doesn't have quite the "get up and go" as mine does.:)
Thanks for the congrats!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
MEAN! and super clean! Congrats buddy

Reactions: spize909

·
Registered
444 Posts
nice quad man good job

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Lookin good and congrats spize!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Congats spize! You must spent alot of time detailing the crap out of it cuz it looks super clean:cool:

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts
Congats spize! You must spent alot of time detailing the crap out of it cuz it looks super clean:cool:
Thanks guys........all I did was wash it and use Magic Eraser then Ice Detailer on the white plastics and Sprayway Insta Shine on everything black. That Sprayway Insta Shine is really good stuff. If you spray it on a semi-clean car or truck engine it will make it look brand new.

·
Registered
20 Posts
WOW I cant believe that ever gets ridden? mine is mud stained and a little beat up as it gets ridden very hard in the campo here in Spain, the red mud really stains the white plastics and nothing shifts it! constant power washing has peeled all the graphics off, it looks a mess compared to some on here, but good maintenance keeps it running strong

Congratulations that is a super super nice looking quad:bawling:

·
Registered
500 Posts
COngrats Spize. Mean looking bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
that thing is wicked nice. hoping to get mine like that one day!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hey Brother, was off the forum for a while after the new year and never did see this.

Congrats!

You take an electric toothbrush to that thing? :icon_eek: :) Has that ever even seen M U D?

Niiiiice.....

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts
Hey Brother, was off the forum for a while after the new year and never did see this.

Congrats!

You take an electric toothbrush to that thing? :icon_eek: :) Has that ever even seen M U D?

Niiiiice.....
Very little mud..........mostly sand and dry desert hard pack. When I see a mud puddle I generally go around:D
You missed me baggin' on you in my B-Day thread. You were the only one here (well before you got a Yamaha....)that I could think of that is actually older then I am.....found out there are others but I think you may be the oldest!:blah:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hey Brother, was off the forum for a while after the new year and never did see this.QUOTE]

Off the forum for a while? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere just yesterday that you went to the darkside "a la raptor" maybe?

Please say it isnt so, lol.
Haha...no, I'm still with you guys. Hey rcfan, joo sell me out Bro...? :D

Indeed, I did have to take advantage of the "fantastic find" though. You know...kinda like a hot chick winkin' atcha...hard to say no. It's what I get for 'wasting a few minutes' on Craig's List one quiet afternoon just for sh!ts and grinns. 60+ HP and high 40s tq with next to NO reliability issues is pretty enticing! :cool:

However, very different from many who have defected, I still have my Z in tact and ride it regularly. I had thought about parting it to pay for the required goodies on the Rappy, but just plain didn't have the heart. I've seen others part out incredible bikes and wondered how they could do it...sniff...sniff :icon_cry:. I somehow, have become very attached to my Z, so I think I'll keep it mostly for woods riding since its certainly the more nimble of the two, and build the Rappy into a sand blaster with XC capabilities...

I've been told by a couple of guys who've flipped, that once the Raptor has been well suspended and tuned to go, that I will never look at the Z again. Hmmm, hard to believe, but I guess we'll see......

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Very little mud..........mostly sand and dry desert hard pack. When I see a mud puddle I generally go around:D
You missed me baggin' on you in my B-Day thread. You were the only one here (well before you got a Yamaha....)that I could think of that is actually older then I am.....found out there are others but I think you may be the oldest!:blah:
Well good. Then I should be receiving due respect, as your elders deserve... ...even if y'all know a whole lot more than I do...:D

I don't mind being the ole' fart in the group since I can still dance a lot harder and longer than many that are 20 yrs younger. Just lucky that way I guess. I thought Normal was one of our more senior members too. C'mon...somebody's gotta have a few minutes on me somewhere...... :rolleyes:

Soooo...on another note...do I get egged if I end up reporting that the Yammy ends up being a good ride....or excommunicated or somethin'...? :D

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Soooo...on another note...do I get egged if I end up reporting that the Yammy ends up being a good ride....or excommunicated or somethin'...? :D
I guess that depends on how you report it, if you say a bad word about your z compared to it they may drag you through the streets behind a z! :lol

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I guess that depends on how you report it, if say a bad word about your z compared to it they may drag you through the streets behind a z! :lol
:lol Yeah...but remember, they'd have to catch me on the Yamaha first...:lol:lol

Hey, you know how some peeps have more than one kid? Kinda like that. I have a new one but absolutely no love loss for the first...

IMO There is no other bike as versatile as the Z and none that I know of, that's as famous!

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Oh so true of an analogy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts