Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My Jet Labs 39MM FCR should be here this week, He told me it will come with a cable that will allow me to use my stock Thumber Throttle but from places I have read ( FB Forums ) it does not.

I have googled it and I read different things.
Motion Pro Cable can be special ordered and if I give them the old part number from Carb Parts ( who had patten but is out of business ) they tell me they can make it for $80 ( used to be $30 ) but there is no guarantee it will fit because it was a carb parts spec.

I read I can use a TRX 90 or 400 EX, Maybe a LTR or any of the other 450's but everything i am seeing on E Bay is either Junk Aftermarket or basically scrap OEM.

If I go with one of the above I think the Jet labs cable will work, If not what cable do I get?
OEM parts diagram for Honda I have to order every piece of the thumber separate.

Can someone help me out and send some links. Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
This is how I done mine years ago. I am using the YFZ Fcr, I am not fimilar with the one you are getting so I am not certain if this will work for you or not. But this is what I done for the throttle cable using the stock YFZ cable and the stock LTZ thumb throttle. You need a 10x1.25 tap and the correct drill for that size tap.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really wanting to Mod my factory set up, I am looking for the best option for replacement cable or thumber throttle.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Then most Honda thumb throttles should work just find a decent looking on from Ebay or from Facebook marketplace where someone parting out. Lots like the TRX90 cause the lever is longer to help with fatigue. From what I remember the LTR450 CABLE was used by some. But the thumb throttle is the same setup as the Z at the housing. You didnt state a budget but there is this option. Urmosi Thumb Throttles

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No real budget do I want, threaded or non if I go that route?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I would say threaded. Most cables I have seen for the FCR's are threaded. Thats why I tapped the stock Z thumb throttle housing. But I cannot say for sure what cable comes with the carb you purchased.

Reactions: JOE G
1 - 7 of 7 Posts