Registered
38 Posts
2006 ltz 400
Carb type: stock mikuni
Main jet: 155 mikuni
Pilot jet: 25 mikuni
Needle: dynajet adjustable 3rd clip
Fuel screw: 2 turns
Air box: uni clamp on with 3" adapter. No lid and snorkel removed. I will cut a home air condition filter and clamp or tape it over the entire top of box and snorkel to help filter air when needed.
Pipe: Fmf powerbomb header mated to a jardine slip on.
Cdi: stock
Elevation: 150 where I live. 400-600 where I usually ride.

It will run lid on or lid off as long as the snorkel is removed. Doesn't pop on decel either way.its slightly faster with the lid off. I love this set up. No sputtering or bogging. This is my first quad I ran with the lid off and man does the exhaust note sound so much better with the lid off.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
03 z
Carb--39fcr from a yfz, all original
Main--180
Pilot--48
Fuel screw--2 turns
Exhaust-- power bomb header with fitted Leo Vince slip on
Motor--+4 stroker CW434 final compression is 12.1-1
Intake-- 2" fuel filler hose for carb to head boot, 400ex boot with pro design pro flow
Elevation-- 500ft

Stock cams, valves, and cdi.....have +1 ferra valves, x510 megacycles and kibble white springs sitting on the shelf

Very happy with the setup

·
Registered
14 Posts
04 Z400

Carb Type: Stock Mikuni
Main Jet: 160 Mikuni
Pilot Jet: 30 Mikuni
Fuel Screw: 2 1/2 out
Needle: Dynojet 3rd clip
Airbox: Stock box w/lid removed and K&N filter w/ Outerwears pre filter
Pipe: Full HMF competition w/ spark arrestor only (no silencer)
Engine Displacement: Stock
Cams: Stock
CDI: Stock
Altitude: Between sea level & 1000 feet above

·
Registered
4 Posts
41mm for from 08 kx450
Main jet 165
Pilot 42
Needle ncvr 5th clip from top
Motor stock with no lid and lrd pipe
Elevation 650' ne ohio
Runs strong,may change a bit once I add the intake cam and higher compression.will do a clean up port while I'm at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have, almost, the exact same setup on my 03 Z! I've got a 165 main jet in and Dyno-Jet suggested that mixture screw be 3 1/2 turns out so that is where I have it. I also installed the replacement needle that came with the jet kit. We are essentially at the same asl altitude as well. But I'm having troubles with deceleration. It seems to load up.? Misfire, predetonate.? Any suggestions? I'm going outside right now to change my main jet to a 160 or 155. Hit me up if you have any tuning advice! Will ya?
Thanks KLHZ400

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts
I have, almost, the exact same setup on my 03 Z! I've got a 165 main jet in and Dyno-Jet suggested that mixture screw be 3 1/2 turns out so that is where I have it. I also installed the replacement needle that came with the jet kit. We are essentially at the same asl altitude as well. But I'm having troubles with deceleration. It seems to load up.? Misfire, predetonate.? Any suggestions? I'm going outside right now to change my main jet to a 160 or 155. Hit me up if you have any tuning advice! Will ya?
Thanks KLHZ400

This thread (jetting database) is for listing jetting/carb specs only. Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum.
I'm going to delete this post tomorrow to keep things clean.
Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Carb Type: Stock
Main Jet: Mikuni 155
Pilot Jet: Mikuni 25
Fuel Screw: 2.25 turns out, might be a bit much
Needle: Stock
Airbox: K&N power lid, stock foam filter.
Pipe: stock, no spark arrestor.
Engine Displacement: Stock
Cams: stock
Altitude: Sea level

Works pretty good now, found out the big plastic shim was put on wrong side of e-clip, maby because it was 21 hp from dealer to be road leagal.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts