Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need a little assistance. I ordered a Dial-a-Jet and Noss Machine adapter w/Uni filter. I also ordered the six 1" Uni airbox vents for my airbox lid. Now, I am going out on a limb here and guessing that it will be very similar to running with no lid. What jet settings has anyone used with just an aftermarket air filters and an open type air box? I need to know just so that I can drop down 2 jet sizes when I install the DAJ setup. Alba recommended a 147.5. Let me know, I will hopefully put this stuff on this weekend if it is here.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
with the dial-a-jet, the stock 130 main jet should be fine.

I don't think those six 1" holes are going to be quite like running w/o a lid, but I could be wrong.

When I had the pea-shooter drilled out and took the noise baffle off of the snorkel, I was running rich with a 145.

If you have time to experiment, put in 3 of the 1" disc thingies and the dial a jet (set to the leanest hole). Do a couple of runs (WOT and mid-throttle) and check your plug. If there are any lean spots adjust the dial-a-jet appropriately OR if it's too rich, add another foam disc thingy. Repeat as necessary.

The point is to put in as many of those foam things BEFORE you even fiddle with the main jet. There's a chance you may not need to.

You may want to take the noise baffle off of your snorkel too (in the beginning)

·
Registered
120 Posts
When Dirt Wheels mag. did their pipe shootout in the March issue, they also ran a dyno with the stock exhaust, stock filter and no lid with a 155 main jet. So Alba's recommendation sounds about right. I'm looking at doing the same setup and get a pipe next year - I'll just buy a main jet from my dealer, though.

G

·
Ok, I need a little assistance. I ordered a Dial-a-Jet and Noss Machine adapter w/Uni filter. I also ordered the six 1" Uni airbox vents for my airbox lid. Now, I am going out on a limb here and guessing that it will be very similar to running with no lid. What jet settings has anyone used with just an aftermarket air filters and an open type air box? I need to know just so that I can drop down 2 jet sizes when I install the DAJ setup. Alba recommended a 147.5. Let me know, I will hopefully put this stuff on this weekend if it is here.[/b]
I've installed those UNI airbox vents. Did the install on an '01 Mojave 250 my youngest son (13) had. Anyway, airflow is not all that great through them. :cry: We found that the little fiber filters in the vents plugged easily and often, thus restricting airflow. IF you really are going to use the vents, use them without the little filters in them. Your NOSS adapter is excellent in regard to a tight, well sealing fit to that UNI filter. Keep the UNI filter clean and oiled properly and you will be aok. A properly oiled UNI will resist dampness. Consider going lidless ..... Funny, I used to tell my sons they had to keep the lids on the airboxes but do so no longer. IF you have an excellent filter adapter and filter your worries are minimal. BUT, IF you go way to deep in water even an airbox lid will not help you. Best Bet is be responsible and don't take that $5,000+ machine in water that might be to deep lid or no lid.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Billarf, i agree with you about the deep H2O and "do not take it in that deep" I like getting muddy once in a while but it gets old getting trashed every time you go out. I just cant see taking a $5000+ machine in water so deep that you have to worry about it flowing into the airbox, that would qualify as abuse with Suzuki warranty reps I would imagine. Yeah, I was planning on taking out the little filter if I felt they were too resritictive. I have another question for those of you with DAJ setups or who are looking into getting them. Is it just me or has nobody heard of the Dial-a-Jet setup besides actual riders? I called my local dealer and the parts guy had no clue what it was and had me give him thunder Product's web site so he could look it up. Also, the guy at Alba was lost when I said I was getting a Dial-A-Jet for it. He asked me what it was.... Oh well.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts