Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2006 Suzuki LTZ 400
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, lurked here for a long time, finally have gotten into my carb because she wouldn't idle at all. Pilot was totally clogged. So here is the set up on my '06:
Open air box, Uni foam filter
LRD pipes, I really don't know if its a full system, I suspect slip ons
Came with Dynojet stickers but I didn't wanna disturb the diaphragm so didn't get a look at the needle position.
She definitely runs like a raped ape, seems to be more of an idle, mid range issue. Wide open it's fabulous.
Main jet 160
The other jet was R60 I think?
Pilot was 22.5 & seemed ridiculously small even after full cleaning.
Any advice appreciated!
Run Rotella T6 & she's always been fine with that. Not a ton of miles as we haven't been out nearly as much as I'd like.

· Registered
295 Posts
Sounds like your still having a pilot issue. You stated it was totally clogged. With the Pilot jet having such a small orifice I would start by buying a new pilot jet and trying that as it really hard to get them good and clean. If your exhaust is a full system you could try going up one size to a 25 on the pilot.

· Registered
2006 Suzuki LTZ 400
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea saw a few mentioning a 25 pilot. Have worked on several carbs over the years & I've never seen one that small. Haven't had a chance to fire her up yet. Also the plug still looked pretty decent, however the gap was like .028 so I opened it to .038 we'll see if that helps. Has always been hard to start when my Predator fires up instantly. I think this forum taught me about the 'Prime' selection on the petcock. That obviously helps alot to get her going.

· Registered
2006 Suzuki LTZ 400
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So finally got out for a spin & she was excellent!! So thought I'd take a quick ride on the Predator & a different story. Kept shutting off like restricted gas flow. Petcock was leaking a bit so guess I'm popping the tank off & looking for obstructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts