Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see from my signature that I have a full Trinity pipe and K&N filter. I installed the 165 main jet and the Z runs like crap. Low end is ok but mid sputters out and doesnt gain power. I put both spacers on the bottom of the needle and it made a small difference but not much. I have not taken the lid off since it got worse, but I did take the snorkle off.

Should I drop to a 155 main? Also, what is the small black plug on the bottom of the carb for? It fell out and is gone. Do I need it? Where is the air mix adjustment screw at? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
First off, what does your spark plug look like? Is it black?

If your set-up runs worse with the air-box lid off, it sounds like you're running lean, so you'll need a bigger main jet and/or pilot.

The black plug covered the air mix screw (I'm almost positive) so take a look there. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... My advice is dont drink beer and rush the rejetting process at the same time. I ended up changing the darn pilot jet to a 165 instead of the main jet. So I was running with all my mods and a 130 main jet all day. Go ahead and laugh. Laugh hard. I was. The funny thing was, the piped, jetted & WB rev limit 400EX and the 440EX still only beat me by 3 quad lengths in a 300 yard race. Now what will I beat them by that I got the jetting right?

Signed,

Dumb A$$

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ha ha ah, no wonder why your low end was so great :D

Just tell us how well it works when you rejet it properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in the processs of ordering the Trinity Stage IV - How do you like it - Is the jetting you mentioned the one they give you with the full pipe - Their tech support told me the proper jetting comes with the pipe -

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Rvaranz

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is hard to tell if the difference was major or not. I need to line up and race the 400EX's I run with to see if it made a difference.

The pipe itself is really, really loud. I need to order a silencer/spark arrestor for times when it is required. The guys riding behind me said it was horrible riding behind me with all of the exhaust blow. They also said I was shooting a small flame all day.

It is to early to tell, but I think I liked my other Z with the Yoshi on it better. It seemed to have more low and mid power. Think If I go to a 155 main instead of a 165 it will make a difference?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Having it jetted right should make a difference. Thats a funny story too
: I maybe dumb but what is exhuast blow?

Later

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
It is to early to tell, but I think I liked my other Z with the Yoshi on it better. It seemed to have more low and mid power. Think If I go to a 155 main instead of a 165 it will make a difference?[/b]
You'll have to check your spark plug to see. If it's black, then a 155 would be better. If it's brownish, then the 165 is a-ight. If it's white, then you're lean.

·
Registered
660 Posts
that only problem that i have with the trinity pipe is that if your behind it (even like 20 ft. away) the exhaust "blow" (gas) will hit you right in the face. the pipe looks nice the way it is but i think they should have turned the tip down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts