Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently running a trinity stage 4 pipe, no lid, alba adapter with k&n and i 155 main. i was told by the place that i bought the quad that i wasn't getting enough air and i should go with a smaller main. yet trinity told me to run a 165 main. so WTF! anybody have any real world experience? thanks, jess

·
Registered
4 Posts
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH I TALKED TO KORY A RACER FOR TRINTY LAST YEAR. HE IS RUNNING A 165 MAIN JET. HE WAS VERY HAPPY. THEIR DYNO SHOWED THAT IT RAN EVEN WITH THE YOSH PIPE AT LOW END BUT BLEW IT AWAY MID TO UPPER RANGE.THAT IS IN CALF.

WHITE LTZ 400 YOSH FULL STAINLES SYSTEM ALBAS K&N FILTER KIT 157.5 MAIN JET 15 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET MADE FROM DRZ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks t-cat, i will have to try the 165 that i got with the pipe and see what happens. even though it's a little cold (15 above), i'm sure it will help a bit. thanks again

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have never had such problems trying to dial in jetting. I am current running the same exact set up as you. I tried the 165 main. I tried with and without the lid. I tried raising the needle. I tried turning the air screw out 3.5 turns, then 3 turns and I am just not satisfied. Someone suggested that I am hitting rev limit now. If so, that isnt an excuss. I am going to wait till it warms up a bit and if I still cant dial it in, the Trinity is gone.

I had a Yoshi on my first Z and it was flawless. It was also much more responsive, peppy and powerful. I heard that Yoshi helped design the motor of the Zuk and I chalked it up to rumors. Now after months of fighting the jetting and getting p!ss poor service from Trinity I am about to go on a full-bore-anti-Trinity campain.

I ordered the Hush Kit/Spark Arrestor almost 4 months ago. They charges my credit card right away but still no parts. I got a PM from Harry on another board about 2 or 3 months ago and he said they lost my address and told me to call Randy. I have listened to Randy tell me it is on the way for months. I am giving them till Feb. 10th, when I get back from Vegas and if I dont get the parts, all he|| is gonna break loose. I will tell everyone about my problems with the pipe and their service.

My advice... By a Yoshi!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey "Kinda", where are you? cause i put my pipe on and here in Phoenix my bike is crisp and I'm very satisfied. Something that caught me of guard is that the pilot jet and the main jet look the same and are interchangable in location but of course not in size. If in fact you have them mixed up yopur Z will sound as though you are hitting a rev limiter at a real low rpm. Also take out the screen that is at the throat of your airbox...
good luck....
and dont give up on Trinity. I've come to learn to trust me when it comes to "figuring it out" and dialing-in my bike... :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
zrtwooo-----

I think you are confused about the pilot jet. The pilot jet does not look anything like the main jet. The other jet in the float bowl area is the starter jet, which is virtually the same jet as the main, just a smaller figure, like 65 stock I think. The pilot jet is a long skinny jet, probably pushing 1" in length.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, i got my Z out again today and took it to work to play with it. i put the "quiet sparc" on my pipe(didn't seem like it cut power any), and put my 170 main in and put synthetic 10W-40 from Kawasaki when i changed the oil. it seems to have a little more pep down low, slightly pulling the front wheels in third gear! :twisted: (with traction, of course!) but it seems like i might have it down to a T. :?: at least until it warms up and i can hit the trails. thanks everyone and if you have any more tips or tricks, please respond.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts