Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres whats going on i made a car filter fit in the lid like tucker did and ive got two questions 1. can i run it on only the car filter if the box is completely sealed and clean inside 2. what jet do you think i need to run it with a filter and what jet without :cool:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I wouldn't rely on just a paper car filter! List your mods (if any) for jetting advise, or just look in the jetting database.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Don't run a lid filter only, not worth taking the chance. Jetting depends on what mods you have. Post a list.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not to be in denile but if it good enough for a car shouldn't it be fine? i stay away for water and have no mounts so do you know any clamp on filters and i believe its all stock

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you have no mods done, whats wrong with the stock jetting? You can get an 3" adapter at auto parts stores or from someone here. UNI makes inexpensive clamp-on filters.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k but i have basically a power lid but i guess the filter may restrict it enough to sop it from running lean

·
Registered
363 Posts
So what did you do to plug your snorkle? And what do you want us to tell you? You didnt like the first 3 answers that said "Dont run only the paper filter"

On a side note, if you want to own a quad then learn to jet it. You should take another look at the quote on your sig.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
not to be in denile but if it good enough for a car shouldn't it be fine? i stay away for water and have no mounts so do you know any clamp on filters and i believe its all stock
Run a clamp on filter, a car filter is not going to cut it. Automotive filters do a great job when they're inside the box that was designed for them. They're also filtering air for 4-6-8-12 cylinders, not one. So you're going to get larger particles in through them that can trash your single cylinder machine. If you want to use the auto filter as a lid fine, but running it as your only filter is not smart at all.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright, it's not that i didn't like the answers i just wanted to know the why and i was more thinking so get the filter first than see if i need the jet sry bout sounding retarded but i was pinched for time so it was a quick as possible post

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Punctuation!!!!!!!!! What the heck is going on today?!

·
Registered
800 Posts
if its not punctuation, its spelling. if its not spelling, its asking repeat questions. it just goes on and on.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Punctuation!!!!!!!!! What the heck is going on today?!
if its not punctuation, its spelling. if its not spelling, its asking repeat questions. it just goes on and on.
Sorry lol this isn't going well for me!!!!!!!!! :p
I'll try and start again. So with a uni air filter and lid removed/power lid, what jetting do you think i should run. ( as in ???-??? if you know what i mean.) I have no engine mods except for the lid, and yes the snorkel is sealed up. Sorry about the bad grammar and such i saw your post and know i am one of the contributers. :eek:
I have no excuse :)blahblah:) other than the one post. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
800 Posts
ditch the lid all together, then put a 150-155mj in with needle on 3rd clip and fuel screw turned out 3 times.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
You should get a full system exhaust then with the opened up in and out air flow you should be in the neighborhood of using a 155 main and a 22.5 pilot.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you, I should of asked my ???? like that in the first place!
@Yogi, Sorry my money tree got cut down and used as fire wood last winter, I'm just a little 14yr old and need a job.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Lol, thanks :). Check the jetting database, that should help a ton. It gave me a starting point for mine. You've gotta start somewhere and play with it until you get it right. I'm not sure of your elevation, but a good start may be a 150-155 and 22.5. I never messed with my stocker, so i'm just talking from research and not experience on that one.

·
Registered
800 Posts
in my wifes z i run a 160mj with lid removed, stock exhaust, drz base gasket, and hot cams, it runs awesome!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
@Biggie Ya i saw that post, than when to my thread and was like, OH SH!T!!
But, anyway i figured i'll have to do trial and error on this one.
@ Smokedya So why did you do the cams before the pipe? Just wondering.
Also, i've jib jab about cutting the spring on the carb slide anyone help me out on this? Its free and makes a very nice difference in response but there is not much info and i don't wanna f-up something.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Meh, i don't wanna make a new thread but how do i go about making its rpm's float down in stead of just falling like a brick?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Also, i've jib jab about cutting the spring on the carb slide anyone help me out on this? Its free and makes a very nice difference in response but there is not much info and i don't wanna f-up something.
I know it does give it more response but I don't know how much to cut either. My buddy did it to his predator but his forum stated exactly how much to cut and man did it make a world of difference! Well if I get boared this Sunday I'll probably start cutting little by little the spring and see where it's at it's best and let you know. what's the worst that could happen, buy another spring? lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts