Suzuki Central Forum banner

Just Bought a Yosh!

3K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  Biohazard1.2 
#1 ·
I just bought a yosh complete system and I was wondering if it is longer than the stock system, and if it is does anyone know where I can find an extended Grab Bar?

#2 ·
nope youll be fine

#3 ·
It was made for the Z!

Really, designed and fabbed for ZERO problems.

But, be careful. If you like your yoshi exhaust, do not tell anybody!

#4 ·
Why :?:

#5 ·
cause people with better exhausts(CT racing, Trinity, etc.) all say that the Yoshi suck just cause they don't produce the biggest numbers. but with the whole system you will get a lot out of it. did you just get the regular or the Ti?

#6 ·
You do not really believe that, do you?

cause people with better exhausts(CT racing, Trinity, etc.) all say that the Yoshi suck just cause they don't produce the biggest numbers.  but with the whole system you will get a lot out of it. did you just get the regular or the Ti?[/b]

Dudes, I can buy any pipe I want, regardless of cost...I do research for a living and I researched this pipe issue for 4 months b4 I bought anything.

Just wait for the shootout in one of the mags, the YOSH does NOT SUCK in comparison to ill fitting, poorly designed, inferior materials fabed pipes.

#7 ·
Re: You do not really believe that, do you?

cause people with better exhausts(CT racing, Trinity, etc.) all say that the Yoshi suck just cause they don't produce the biggest numbers.  but with the whole system you will get a lot out of it. did you just get the regular or the Ti?[/b]

Dudes, I can buy any pipe I want, regardless of cost...I do research for a living and I researched this pipe issue for 4 months b4 I bought anything.

Just wait for the shootout in one of the mags, the YOSH does NOT SUCK in comparison to ill fitting, poorly designed, inferior materials fabed pipes.[/b][/quote]

I don't really think it does either, especially the full system, but a lot of people say that they do

#8 ·
I got the regular. :roll:

#9 ·
well, the I don't think the Ti is any better performance wise, it is just a lot lighter, so that's no big deal

#10 ·
Yosh all the way baby! :D

#11 ·
I just put the yosh on and the header doesn't screw all the way on to the engine block is this normal.

#12 ·
it's suppose to just hang loosely in the air :D

#13 ·
I have Full Yosh Comp. on mine and it bolted up perfect,must be doing something wrong or header isn't right.
And just to add I'm sick of hearing people say this pipe that pipe,give it a break!! Most full systems are close and I have never gotten on a bike and said "Holy Crap " your quad rocks cause of your pipe! Please, a 400.00 exhaust makes no quad a rocket ship!!
Get what pipe you want and if you want power, tap into your motor!!!
Peace,
Matt

#14 ·
Any pipe you find for the Z are goin to be the same. There can't be that much difference in any of them. People are making so many issues over this when its a pipe. If you like the looks and the sound than buy it. It is going to be close to any other pipe and better than stock. If you raced a Z with a Yosh and one with a Trinity the difference wouldn't be noticable.

#15 ·
Any pipe you find for the Z are goin to be the same. There can't be that much difference in any of them. People are making so many issues over this when its a pipe. If you like the looks and the sound than buy it. It is going to be close to any other pipe and better than stock. If you raced a Z with a Yosh and one with a Trinity the difference wouldn't be noticable. One thing that will hend performance is the spark arrestor and TEC option. They have a small one, medium sized one, or you can take it out which is what I did. This does seem to give the bike a little more. When you take it out it makes it louder. You should check and see which one you have. I had the small one so I took it out. I am going to get the medium sized one for when I ride where I can't have it that loud. You should check into that.

llknowlesll

#16 ·
i just sold my yoshi. :) time to find a performance pipe, not a mass produced pretty pipe, that gets dents in it from rocks from the back tires. exhuast has no idea rathers it flowing through pot metal or titanium. if you need to lose some extra weight skip lunch at mcdonalds and save money, or ditch things like the steel bumper, and handle bars.

#17 ·
Yeah, Titanium and Tin, same thing...not close.

i just sold my yoshi. :) time to find a performance pipe, not a mass produced pretty pipe, that gets dents in it from rocks from the back tires. exhuast has no idea rathers it flowing through pot metal or titanium. if you need to lose some extra weight  skip lunch at mcdonalds and save money, or ditch things like the steel bumper, and handle bars.[/b]
no, hot gases, (like hot air), is scavenged and exhausted at different rates. This is predicated by:

1. shape of pipe (expansion areas, excess of unnecessary bends)
2. Overall interior diameter(cross sectional area/flow)
3. Material pipe is made of...some metals transmit heat better...some soso...a pipe that transmits heat quickly will also aid in faster gas scavenging....THIS IS WHERE TITANIUM MATTERS, and where having a pipe with stock mounting locations for your heat shield matters also! THE PIPE GETS ALMOST GLOWING AT NIGHT AT THE HEADER.

Oh, Idiotic statement....titanium or pot metal, same thing...I do not think so.

Do a comparison on Harvards Science site...TIN vs. TITANium...see, even the base name of the metal is TITAN...because it is an awesome material for some applications....and exhaust systems is one application.

A titanium exhaust comes stock on the Corvette Z06, why, because pot metal is just as good, but chevy chose Ti to do vette owners a favor....fantasyland.

(It is MUCH lighter (50%), transmits heat better (purer material), DOES NOT CORRODE, DOES NOT DING (titanium) and TURNS REALLY COOL COLORS AS IT HEATS AND COOLS!

Do your homework, stay in school and THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE SOMETHING...less than accurate.hehehe

And, how does the Yoshi get dented any more often than any other pipe that is occupying the same space on the Z?...OH, TITANIUM IS MAGNITIZED, HUH? hehehe

My Titanium system has zero dings in it...TITANIUM is three time harder than steel....no dents or dings.

Get whatever pipe the voices in your head tell you to...I listened and got the Yoshimura FULL RACE TRI OVAL TITANIUM system.

I WILL STAY WITH MY PRETTY, HAND FORMED, PIPE., Yes, the Titanium Tri-Ovals are manually formed, and are not MASS produced...just almost.

FDKJACS

#18 ·
lol and the guy next to you will be making more hp with his stainless setup. so which pro in which division of atv racing is using the yoshi titanium setup? none. FMF's titanium setup saves weight yet makes no more hp than any other setup. If you think you got 800+ worth of pipe then your nuts. your like the kid in the ricer with the fart pipe that makes his mind think he has got 300hp instead of the more realistic 100.

#19 ·
Bio LOVES his pipe. He will be so sad when they do a pipe shootout and his does no better than the other ones. :cry: :cry: :cry:

#20 ·
we have some not so bright people on this board...

#21 ·
whats not so bright is arguing about pipes...you want to argue, buy a dyno. you want to ride, lets ride. who cares what pipe everyone thinks is best. i have a trinity, why, because the company is great, and they make fast bikes, he has a yosh, why same reason...this is like ford/chevy or any other brand arguement. unless something comes out that is truly BAD, either in quality or performance, lets not worry about it so much
ac

#23 ·
The "not so bright people(SheeZ), heard from, again&quo

lol and the guy next to you will be making more hp with his stainless setup. so which pro in which division of atv racing is using the yoshi titanium setup? none. FMF's titanium setup saves weight yet makes no more hp than any other setup. If you think you got 800+ worth of pipe then your nuts. your like the kid in the ricer with the fart pipe that makes his mind think he has got 300hp instead of the more realistic 100.[/b]
Right and as if I care or need some Pro rider to justify my cash outlays. Really, get your own life.

This is for SheeZ.

But, the way you act...you better practice saying, "Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?"

Sheez and 400ACDC, if either one of you is an adult, I am embarrassed for you, your education, well, could have been better.

Otherwise....I hear your momma calling from the trailer, your TV dinner is ready and NSYNC is on PBS.

I thought this was Over...I guess not. You two little boys have got my attention, much better than DT ever did....I can fight a two front war, especially against spiteful, little warts.

#24 ·
Re: You do not really believe that, do you?

cause people with better exhausts(CT racing, Trinity, etc.) all say that the Yoshi suck just cause they don't produce the biggest numbers. but with the whole system you will get a lot out of it. did you just get the regular or the Ti?[/b]

Just wait for the shootout in one of the mags, the YOSH does NOT SUCK in comparison to ill fitting, poorly designed, inferior materials fabed pipes.[/b][/quote]

After the shootout, we will see how good you are with your RESEARCH. I don't care what pipe people buy. ALL of them are about the same.

#25 ·
Backing off a little, eh?

good. I will do the same.

As for the shootout and my research....we will see what we will see.

And, I am nuts.

Supersize it, please.

#26 ·
How many times are we going to have this same argument on this site?
I must have read like a dozen different posts on this. All the pipes are going to be within 2 HP. of each other so buy what you want it's your quad, your cash, your pipe!
And you know what they say opinions are like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.