Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here and have a 06 z400. I'm looking for a little longer rear swing arm. Like 2-3 inches. Anyone have one or can point me in a good place? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You lookin to dune ride with it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dunes. Just trails and some steep hill climbs.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
just lean forward and buy good tires i can fly up just about anything and we have slick ore slag piles that are crazy steep round here

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
3-4" is perfect. Mine is extended 4" and I lined it up next to a stock 450r and my bike was not even an inch longer. This is comparing axle centerlines front and back. Morel of the story? 4" isn't too long if you come across a 4" swinger. The only extra one I have is 6" so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I lean way forward now. But would make it easy with a couple inches.

If I came across a 4" at a good price I prob wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a thought, what's the stock LTR swing arm length, compared to the ltz.. And could it possibly bolt up to the ltz?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It's been tried before and it won't work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I've read on here that the ltr arm is about a inch longer if I remember correct. But way to many mods are needed to get it fitted up. I'm just looking for something I can just bolt on one day and be riding the next.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered a good used swinger off of ebay for only $27. I'm going to chop it in half then add prob 3" to the middle. We'll see how it goes.

What gearing do you guys think I should go with? Also how many link chain should I order since I'm extending 3"? Right now its sitting at 14/40 with the stock length arm. I guess that's stock but i have no clue. It feels pretty good but maybe just a little more low end pull would be good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts