Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twisted:Does anybody know if you can take the black hood on the kfx that goes over the lights off, and if you can does it just look like a green z400?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
yea just like a green Z

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can easily take off the black cowling on the KFX by just popping out the 2 snaps on top. Just push in the center and they pop right out. However, you will have the 2 holes just as kentuckycat has mentioned.

Also, if you ever ride standing up during night time then you may not want to take it off because it helps to cut down the glare from the headlights.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
well if you do take ofdf the hood i know many people would like to buy it

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Does the KFX have a black tank cover? IM making the same mods after Cmas, cant wait!

·
Registered
773 Posts
yep it does

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
go ahead and take it off, you can always just pop the pins back in if you want to put it back, btw** I've never had any problem with glare from my headlights

·
Registered
773 Posts
me neither, i have no idea where that rumor came from.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
im wating for a cover from aproy or 03' Z400 cause i dont even use the headlights, once i get it the lights will be forsale

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fiber glass hood

I make hoods for the Z's and the kfx. They look realy trick and have a hood with scoop. In the New season Jhonny G will be using my products. send me a pm if interested
Adam Parks
Fibe industries

·
Registered
773 Posts
youve got a pm

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Re: Fiber glass hood

I make hoods for the Z's and the kfx. They look realy trick and have a hood with scoop. In the New season Jhonny G will be using  my products. send me a pm if interested
Adam Parks
Fibe industries[/b]
show some pics man

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry not yet

They are so new I have not had the time to take a pic and set that up yet. But they are the trickest part you can buy for the Z400 hands down.. they are a hood with scoop and have two squares cut out on the front with a 4inch spine comming from the tip of the nose to about 4 inches up, between the squares. the top of the hood has something like the 250r stock hood, they way it comes up so you can put your logo there.at the very back it folds right down to the bottom, and hools drild in it for your lights swiches!!!!! NICE NICE part--- redesigns your whole Z400 apearance!!

rubber side down
Adam Parks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Z Hood

Just put a KFX hood on my Z, with black key cover and black tank cover, it does look different

·
Registered
272 Posts
me neither, i have no idea where that rumor came from.[/b]
I went riding in the dunes this weekend and while riding in the dark I needed the headlights. Standing up going thru the whoops I could see a little glare only when leaning way forward. Having the hood off poses no problems for me in the dark. Just my .02

1 - 17 of 17 Posts