Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just checked out my valves on my kfx400 and they are within spec. Also the timing chain has about an 1/8 in of movement in it between the cam gears. Could that be what is causing the ticking? I also heard that if thye oil is not changed real regularly that it will cause it to start ticking from the oil getting thinner. Any help here guys would be great!

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
If the cam chain has any slack between the two cams then your chain is stretched, off a tooth on timing, or tentioner is shot. If it were me, I would buy a new did cam chain, re time it, and manual cam chain tentioner and your ticking should be gone:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That has been my plan for a little while, but funds have been a hold-up! I.HATE.BILLS!

·
Registered
202 Posts
How do you set the MCCT?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If im thinking right you would put it on like the stock tensioner but with the valve cover off so u could get an idea about how tight to get it. then just start it when you have tension on it and adjust it with it running.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
first you bolt it up and make sure its snug so the o ring seals, then you turn it by hand till it stops getting easy to turn. Then turn crank by hand a bout 3 revolutions while tightening it up till it gets snug, then turn 180 degrees and thats it. My mcct from thumper talk came with those directions.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And so you tighten it 180 degrees right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts