Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I own a 2008 kfx450, I'm very active in other forums. My friend recently bought a 2003 Kfx400 that needs some work and I'm trying to help him. I been going over the z400 wiring diagram which should be the same, (i can't find the kfx400) but i got a couple questions. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

The bike was bought without a key, and there's also a couple other loose wires there.

On the first picture: The Orange and White/Black where does it plug into??

The second picture: The Gray, Red and Orange wires don't have a plug, but according to the diagram, those are for the ignition key. But, the Orange/Black and Gray/Red which also don't have a plug, I can't find them on the diagram, not sure where they plug into?? Anyone knows where they go?? Thankss

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Picture 1 looks like the front brake switch (orange/white black). Not sure about the other.

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sorry, thats one i had in my phone. Heres a picture out of my manual... Not in colour but a little clearer.
View attachment 28177

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
My manual does not show any Orange w/ Black tracer or Gray w/ Red tracer wires in the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
973 Posts
My manual does not show any Orange w/ Black tracer or Gray w/ Red tracer wires in the wiring diagram.
Yeah, same as mine in the list above. Do you think they may have changed some wires slightly, as 04 had the rad fuse over the 03 and and the 05 had a different cdi etc...

Im not sure what manual i have as its all photocopied a4 in a ring binder, came with the bike.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine is a Clymer. I'm going to guess someone messed with the harness and made some repairs with some different colored wires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I'm gonna have to trace those wires to see where they come from! Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I unplugged the wires that are for the key switch, removed the cover that it had, and this is what i found. The gray and orange are interrupted and connected together by the Orange/Black and Gray/Red wires That don't appear on the diagram. If i separate the Orange/Black and Gray/Red wires the bike won't start.

We bought a new key switch, so when it arrives, I'm going to make sure where further up on the wiring are those wires (Orange/Black and Gray/Red) connected and how.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts