Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got my FCR running very well. Runs amazing, But, it starts great cold. Don't need the choke. But most of the time when it's up to temp and worse when it's hot, it seems like the engine tries to kick back when trying to start it. Anyone encounter this? It's a 39 FCR with 168 main, 45 pilot, and 3rd clip NCVQ. It"s never done this with either the stock carb or the 450R carb I had.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Your pilot may be a little rich if you're starting without the choke. Sounds like you may want to hook a hotstart up to it. I'm not too familiar with these carbs, but I have heard of this before.

Again, i'm not very proficient with these fcr's yet.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Biggie. But I started with a 40 then a 42 and finally a 45. And now my fuel screw is at 2 1/2 turns and runs great other than the kick back. Anyone else run into this?

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Mine does this when cold...........if it's the same thing you're talking about.
Always starts though. I do have some trouble with hot starts (not kicking back though)since putting on the new carb. I have learned what to do when it gets tempermental and have no issues.

I wish I could tell you what it was but being rich as biggie said sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say a rich pilot circuit too. But when it's hot and doesn't want to start I have to open the throttle just slightly and it starts but sometimes "kicks back". Almost like the engine tries to turn backwards. I'm thinking about raising the needle 1 clip and see how it reacts.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Yeah, that's kinda what mine does too. It does it cold though.......maybe hot. I've rode once since May so I don't remember.....
Sand season's right around the corner though:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine starts great cold. It can set for a week. I just turn the key, put in neutral, tap the throttle lever ( moving it maybe 1/4" ), and touch the start button. I bet it doesn't turn over a couple times and it's running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts