Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Never been done. Many have looked into it, all have failed. I believe it's been concluded that it won't work.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
it has been done. it requires refabbing the frame (right rear upright needs to be moved or reshaped), and the easiest way to do it is to get a kicker DRZ bottom end. the gear ratios from DRZ to LTZ are different (for the worse, you want to keep the ltz gearing). you will have to space the kicker out a lot and it become awkward.

i wanted to do it, but after doing some research i decided it just wast worth all the trouble to shave off a pound and loose the right rear heal guard and half of the fender.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I wish there was a kickstart! Not quite sure what it is about it, but it's so much more fun (i guess) to kick the engine over than to press the magic button.. I like kicking engines over, idk why i'm just weird like that hahaha

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wish there was a kickstart! Not quite sure what it is about it, but it's so much more fun (i guess) to kick the engine over than to press the magic button.. I like kicking engines over, idk why i'm just weird like that hahaha
hey atv4life....you would also like a hand crank to start your car too

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
hey atv4life....you would also like a hand crank to start your car too
hahahahahahaha i'm not that old school! lol
These motors are easy enough to kick over because of their size and because leg muscles are very strong! Hand turning over a car is a B*TCH! and you have to prey to god that it doesn't backfire, because it will snap your friggin wrist!

·
Registered
260 Posts
after watching my buddy kick his 450r a thousand times on the trails the "magic button" looks alot better. espcially when his is cold or it floods and i end up pulling the 450r off. it would be a nice backup incase your battery dies though

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
It'd be great as a backup, even a pull starter would be nice. Oh well, there's always a tow rope or a jumpstart!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts