Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been reading through the reviews on rocky mountain for the lexx mxe slip on, seems to have some really good reviews. can anyone that has put it on their z help me out. ive read some people say that they didnt even need to rejet, but others obviously do. if so any direction on what jetting to use? thanks for the imput.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
You don't have to re-jet because it does nothing for you. All slip-ons do is make noise.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Different people will say different things about slip-ons and whether they increase power or if you need to rejet.. In my opinion, installing an aftermarket slip-on in place of the stocker allows more air to flow out of the engine with less force, thus making the engine more efficient. Now that being said, since more air can exit the engine, it's going to make it slightly lean so you will have to bump up the jet sizes a few especially if you still have the stock jetting because it's jetted lean from the factory. I don't think it's so much an increase of power, but rather a different way the power is put out.. Obviously it's not going to have the full effect that changing the header as well as the slip-on will, but it will change the way power is spread across the powerband a little bit.

The Lexx seems to be a very good exhaust.. I plan on getting one eventually myself. I like the fact that it's tunable for sound so I can be nice and quiet around the areas I live in and make all the noise I want when i'm deep in the woods.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
its a pretty decent exhaust. i put mine on with an fmf powerbomb head pipe. i had to rejet of course afterwards. you will not really notice any power out of just the slip on. you might think you do from the noise, but thats all your going to get out of it. when i get back from overseas i will be looking into getting a full Rossier/Sparks exhaust

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that a full exhaust is going to be better, but until I can afford that route I am going to install the lexx slip on. I guess back to the original question, i have not done any other mods to the bike, so with just the slip on should i have to rejet... I am very new to working on bikes and like the input from forum sites like this. Thanks for the help if anyone could direct me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
They work great with a aftermarket header. Stock header and weak scavenging, no improvement.

Any re-jetting you do if it's never been jetted is going to help.

·
Administrator
12,453 Posts
Any re-jetting you do if it's never been jetted is going to help.

X2 ^^^^

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I got the lexx installed, but the only way I can get the collar bolt to line up is if I remove the lower mounting bolt that goes through the bracket on the mid pipe... Not sure if I am doing something wrong! Has anyone else had this issue installing this. The bolt hole on the lower bracket is only off by about half the width of the bolt. Thinking about just drilling it out but thought I might as well ask first..

·
Registered
463 Posts
I remember having some issue like that, but I think I just adjusted some where the spacer was on the bolt and it fit, I don't know better how to explain it. Let me know if you don't get it figured out, I can probably get a picture.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey thanks for the suggestion.. i was able to loosen the clamp bolt but where it was still threaded correctly, and then with light pressure pushed the lower bracket into place and got the bolt through! all done, and sounds great. just need to figure out if i need to rejet or not... thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
As mentioned earlier, any stock machine that's never been re-jetted will benefit from it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you feel a power gain from the fmf power bomb with the lexx? Was it worth it.

its a pretty decent exhaust. i put mine on with an fmf powerbomb head pipe. i had to rejet of course afterwards. you will not really notice any power out of just the slip on. you might think you do from the noise, but thats all your going to get out of it. when i get back from overseas i will be looking into getting a full Rossier/Sparks exhaust
Did you feel a power gain from the fmf power bomb with the lexx? Was it worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts