·
Registered
773 Posts
have you raced your son yet?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
you've lost me.  what are you talking about?[/b]

I guess he is talking bout racin his son's Raptor in a drag? Would be interesting but I have a feeling the Raptor might win. A buddy of mine that I ride with over at EXRiders raced a Z400 the other day (was 2 days old) and he beat it on his piped 400 by bout 2 quad lengths. It might be the rider or just the fact that it was broken in but I have heard Zs kill quads and the quads kill ths Zs. I would just have to see for myself I guess. 8)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I now have my Z broke in enough to run it hard, yes going to race the sons Raptor, we have raced around some. I think in a short race if I can sh!ft fast enough I can beat the Raptor at least for a few gears if not more. My power on the Z continues to get better as I get more hours on it. We dont have room at home to do more than first 3 gears, will have to wait till we go riding next time to see how it does in a all drag out race, I dont think a 400ex will beat the z400. A slip on pipe will make the Z400 do even better soon.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Indy is this your son from over at bluetraxx

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
350master, the pic you posted is one of mine. The guy on the raptor is my son, anything else ya wanna know? :?:   8O  :?  :?  :?[/b]
how does the raptor compare to your z in a race

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will let you know, the Raptor is getting tune up. Hopefully tomorrow or next day I will have the rest of the story and video. I am having hard time hanging on and trying to sh!ft and keep the front end pointed forward.

Did I say he out wieghs me by 60 lbs? :roll:

*sneaks over to raptor, turns screw on carb* lol j/k :p

·
Registered
439 Posts
Actually if you shift it to fast it slows you down. You have to wind out through all the gears, other wise if you just shift shift shift then you dont accelerate as fast. Just dont let the gears get revved to long and to high. But get to at least 3/4 throttle and the engine that far before you shift. Have to let the engine rev up. DOnt just shift wiat a second shift etc.

edit: Why is the word S-H-I-F-T edited? when i type s-h-i-f-t it does this shift

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
350master said: how does the raptor compare to your z in a race?

It stays pretty well side bye side in everthing we got to do.
on a roll on start we got started even and stayed real close for a few gears. It looks like in a 300 foot drag race its who ever gets the best start gets ahead, Niether of us are Pro riders.
He wieghs 250 I weigh 185, the craptor has slip on pipe and K&N jet kit, my z400 is box stock.
In the woods and everywhere else I cant keep up cause I am old wise and have fear, he is 17 young dumb and No fear. :wink:

PS: the tune up really helped the raptor, intake valves were tight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts