Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it's been a little bit since I been on here so let me introduce u to my ride. 04 ltz 400 now a 434 with the bbk. Ported and polished head new yfz 450 carb airbox delete kit. Just to name a few things done to it. But anyway my problem is the new timing chain got all jammed up in the motor and I couldn't get it unjammed for nothing until I messed with it for a while and then I got the impact gun and kept trying to tighten the crank shaft bolt that's all that worked until the nut spun right around now doesn't tighten any more. I got the nut off but the last 2 threads closest to the motor are all messed up now. My question is if i use a tap and dye on the shaft how will I go abt it being only 2 threads are messed up. I ordered a new nut which is reverse thread and 18 millimeters isn't it ? Sorry for the long post but this quad has way to much $ in it now I want to be careful moreso now after this happened. It's almost ready after a little more than a year since being torn down.

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Not sure if a Die will get you that last bit of thread or not. A 3 corner file or a thin flat file can be used to clean up threads, and might hold for you. Just follow the the good thread and continue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man I didn't even think of that. But in any case in ur opinion do u think it's worth a shot with the die or just go with a file like u said. Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Can you put a couple of stainless steel washers behind the nut so you don’t reach those threads?

·
Super Moderator
3,739 Posts
Can you put a couple of stainless steel washers behind the nut so you don’t reach those threads?
Good point, probably the easiest fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to give that a shot that's a good idea. I'll keep everyone posted of the outcome. Ordered another nut won't be in till the 4th or 5th.. Thanks guys for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts