Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my axle is junk I need a new one. I'm prepared to bite the bulit, like I have a choice now! Anyway. Where is the best place to buy the lonestar axle in the States? How about Canada? What kinds are there for the Z? What do they cost? I need this info fast because I have a vacation coming up and I'm taking my Z with me, hopefully. I need to buy this sucker fast!

·
Registered
660 Posts
if you wanna go the less expensive way, click on my link below, inlandjetsprots, and get the durablues. they're less expensive and they also do lifetime warranty. contact bobby and tell him tracy sent you.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I wouldn't put a Durablue on my Quad if you PAID me. I was sponsored by Durablue last year, and I lost the championship from breaking two axles in 3 weeks. I was leading the last lap of each race they broke off. The first one broke off going around a turn at the Hub. The second one broke at the clip where the antifade fits against. I was going over a small double that I barely over jumped it and I was lucky I didn't get hurt bad. Durablue did replace both axles and I sold them both and got a Lonestar. I have raced atleast 20+ races on it and it is finally slightly bent, but I haven't bothered to send it back yet. Lonestars will bend but very seldom brake. Also, Durablue only Warranties the first axle. The next one will cost you 175.00 plus shipping both ways.

I also have a RPM axle and it seems to be great also.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Goldenwest Cycle has the best prices on LSR or Durablue. I have checked around. Bought mine there.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent e-mails to both lonestar and Goldenwest Cycle. OK, when you got your lonestar did it come with all the hardware to do a complete swap out of the original axle? Do I have to buy something extra? Was it hard? Did it come with any instructions? ALso what kind did you get? I'm looking at the Axcalibar Racing Axle, I want the ability to adjust my ride widtch in the future.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, its going to cost me $800!! Canadian of course, but thats damn expensive. I can also get it from Winnipeg, only 10 hours away from me. I think I'm going to go for it, its only money. So what if I have to wait an extra month to pay off my 500i.

WP, why didn't you use the stock rotor hub? Or why didn't you buy longer bolts? Also how hard is it to change the width of the axle? Do you need to take it off to adjust the width?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
email gary denton $318

·
Registered
379 Posts
To change widths you pull the pins, remove the hub nut, then position the spacers. To assemble reverse order. I didn't buy different bolts because the stock ones are flat to clear the caliper bracket. Most aftermarket are too tall. I used the new rotor hub because it is lighter and looks better.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
welcs

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The good thing about lsr is free replacement on the axle...from durablue, you get one (with a fee i think), and the rest a expensive...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got off the phone from Denton Racing about my Lonestar Axle. I asked them if they knew if the axle they shipped me had the rotor hub problem corrected. They said the first batch had a problem and the new ones don't. But he also said, this is the interesting part, that lonestar is no longer putting a rotor hub on the axle and that my axle doesn't have a rotor hub on it.

What's everyones take on this? I personally think my axle is coming with a rotor hub because thats what it showed in the picture and they had stock. Now if they had stock and he said the new stuff is coming without a rotor hub then wouldn't the old stock have the rotor hub? I'm now wondering if they even got me the right axle. It better be the right axle or they will be paying for shipping on the return and on the proper axle.

Also he said the stock rotor hub is a real pain to take off, he said heat it and then press it off. All the more reason I think to give me rotor hub on my new axle! I hope I got a rotor hub or else I will feel disapointed.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
did u buy it from denton how long did i take to get it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts