Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking for a set of long travel shocks for houser a-arms... I have a 05 LTZ. please let me know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I heard they are a really good product.. You get a lot of bang for the buck. I was hoping to find something lightly used seeing how I'm setting this quad up for my little brother and I'm sure he will ride it a couple of times and then it will sit...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
How about some used Fox Evols? I've seen lots of standard travel Fox Evols off LTRs for about $750-850. Good thing about them is that you can set them up for the LTZ 400. As far as I understand, they aren't specifically valved for something, you set them up yourself for the riding you are going to do so you won't have any problems with them not being valved right for the LTZ or weight. Maybe you want to confirm that to be sure before you buy though.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Theres a thread in the Suspension section about a company with a bunch of suspension parts for cheap. They've got long travel Exit shocks for $595.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about some used Fox Evols? I've seen lots of standard travel Fox Evols off LTRs for about $750-850. Good thing about them is that you can set them up for the LTZ 400. As far as I understand, they aren't specifically valved for something, you set them up yourself for the riding you are going to do so you won't have any problems with them not being valved right for the LTZ or weight. Maybe you want to confirm that to be sure before you buy though.
So as far as fitment, I will not have any issues using the LTR stuff on the LTZ.. As far as long travel shocks? And do you have them for sale or are they posted somewhere? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
No they will not bolt right up but it's pretty easy to put them on. Many people swap their stock shocks for ltr shocks, search around and you will find tons of info on how to install them. I think you just need to put washers on the bottom mount and open slightly the top mount on the frame.
I always see them come up on ltr450hq.com, I don't have any for sale.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have a set of long travel elkas i will sell you for $400. I would send them in to elka for resealed. I called elka an it will cost $100 for both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts