Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a long travel setup be a "no-no" for woods riding? I'm no moto-Xer, but it seems that for only a couple hundered more bills, you can have long travel over standard travel?? Is the long travel ride that much better than the standard +2 arm ride?? Seems like it'd be easy to bend up the Long travel arms b/c of the way they are constructed. Does anyone here ride their long travel frontend Z/X in the woods? If you did bend an arm, how likely is it that you could buy just "1" arm from any of the standard companys?

Thanks for the time, Just weighing the odds of the Longtravel setup v/s standard +2 arm setup

Thanks for the time,

EC

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
you can run them but you would only want to get +1 or +2 tops for the woods for mx you would get +3 or even a +4 if you buy a narrow chassie. but if you buy long travel a arms you have to buy long travel shocks which are in the upwards of $1000 dollar range

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's what my line of reasoning is ............

+1 standard travel Houser A-Arms are going to be in the realm of $600 shipped....

+1 Long travel's are going to be between $700-$800........

Here's the shock prices straight from the quadshop page........

"""""""TRIPLE RATE / REMOTE REZZY OR PIGGYBACK COMPRESSION ADJUSTABLE / RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE / ZERO PRELOAD $895

OR

""""""""QUADRUPLE RATE LONG TRAVEL / REMOTE REZZY OR PIGGYBACK / COMPRESSION ADJUSTABLE / RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE / ZERO PRELOAD $970

Now, for $75 difference in shocks and $100-200 difference in A-Arms, is the ride difference between LONG TRAVEL Versus STANDARD TRAVEL worth that amount of difference in the money?

I suppose that the A-Arms would hold up well on the trails as long as I keep them out of the trees and off the big rocks.

Thanks for the time,

Be Good,

EC

[/b]

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
with the +1 for woods it will be better than standard travel becauause the way they are they will be able to soak up the bumbs better

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Adam, More travel is always better than than not enough.

I have 19" Elka long travel with Houser +1 long travel a-arms.

The little I gotten to ride with them, I love the setup so far.
Also the Houser top a-arms come with needle bearings and are top quality.

Call Jeff at the Quad Shop, he can answer all your suspension questions.

Heres some pics to help you.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
nice, you almost got the quad back togher

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
popo if you dont mind me asking, how much was that front end? i like it! i also love the powdercoated skids. very original. what else you have done to it? looks nice

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
popo every time i look at your quad i like drool

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
popo if you dont mind me asking, how much was that front end? i like it! i also love the powdercoated skids. very original. what else you have done to it? looks nice[/b]
$ 800.00 for the a-arms. About 1,100.00 for the shocks. ALLOT of mods. 440 GT Thunder motor,crf450 + 1.5 Atv four play swing arm w/ELKA linkage. IMS tank with dry brake. Relocated to over flow bottle to the sub frame. HMF full pipe. CHROME CHROME CHROME and more CHROME. The pics are old ones, I will post updated this weekend

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
WOW! thats expensive. i guess you really do have to pay to be the best. nice nice z. i think i smell an april qotm

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
how is it 800 for the a arms it is 800 for them all one color and 75+ for crome tops

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
$800.00 for the whole set. I had my tops chromed to match the rest of the the bike. Remember these are long travel,so they would be more $$$.

Ive only had long travel shocks, so I can't advise the difference between 19" or 17". The best person to ask is Jeff at the Quad Shop or call ELKA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts