Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a long shot but does anyone have a set of spare shocks I can borrow for a weekend? I am in the points running for my class and this weekend we have a race but my left front seal is leaking. I cant get them back in time for this weekends race. Let me know, stocks is just fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride on GT Thunders :) It looks like I am paying for overnight shipping to get them back before the weekend though :(

·
Registered
260 Posts
i've got a set of stockers you can have for the cost of shipping. they are off a '03, so nothing great, but if you want them let me know

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
i was going to say the same thing, but the shipping alone would kill you to get them to colorado from CT by friday.

good luck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I overnighted them to lax and he says he can ship them out tomorrow for me. If so UPS shows they will be here Friday. I hope this is true, I want to stay in the points runnings. On a side note... if anyone saw on the news where 5 people were struck by lightening at a race that was ours yesterday. On the first lap a couple quad riders and the lap officials were struck. I have heard they are doing ok except for one woman still in the hospital.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Thanks guys, I overnighted them to lax and he says he can ship them out tomorrow for me. If so UPS shows they will be here Friday. I hope this is true, I want to stay in the points runnings. On a side note... if anyone saw on the news where 5 people were struck by lightening at a race that was ours yesterday. On the first lap a couple quad riders and the lap officials were struck. I have heard they are doing ok except for one woman still in the hospital.
Man that is horrible news:( Hope the woman recovers. I can't even imagine how badly hurt those people were.

·
Registered
463 Posts
That must have been a pretty crazy thunderstorm for that many people to get struck. Must not have any tall trees or higher metal poles to get struck first?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Salvin,

I saw the news of the storm here in Colorado Springs. pretty crazy. The woman was leaning on a metal pole using her cell phone to time her husband who was racing. Also the woman is 14 weeks pregnant. News reports say both are doing just fine.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Salvin,

I saw the news of the storm here in Colorado Springs. pretty crazy. The woman was leaning on a metal pole using her cell phone to time her husband who was racing. Also the woman is 14 weeks pregnant. News reports say both are doing just fine.
that is actually pretty amazing....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Salvin,

Sweet thanks for the info. Haha its crazy how many different stories fly around. I am glad to hear she is ok.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
why the F were you guys still racing with lightning? around here we put the motos on hold if it gets close.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why the F were you guys still racing with lightning? around here we put the motos on hold if it gets close.
Well, we had spent all day watching dirt bikes run and as you can imagine we were all really stoked for the race. The storm was nowhere near us when we started the race, we thought it would go around us, but it VERY quickly moved in. Here is a vid of the strike. At around 4:40 is when the strike hits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts