Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering using a lowering kit as part of my "phase I" suspension work for competition. Has anyone had experience with these, and how much do they typically lower the quad?

I was also going to use spacers up front, in combination with a Lonestar axle, plus MX tires to lower another inch.

I realize a trick shock/spring/a-arms set-up would be best, but the much greater expense and loss of trail-riding activity makes it a undesirable just yet.

I'd appreciate any opinions on my proposed set-up.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Are u TT racing? The lowering kit is only for TT/shorttrack stuff. Ur better of w/ some ZPS suspension and the other stuff u mentioned. Wheel spacers...terrible idea, they add more stress on the ball joints and i think they add bump steer which isnt good in racing.

Later

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zero,

TT racing -- I wish. We don't have that around here. I did some more investigation and, apparently, the front lowering kits aren't recommended for jumping, as you said. You are right about the added stress from the spacers, but I'm not as hard a racer as most others, plus my Phase I is probably only going to last 6 months. BTW, the spacers won't affect bump steer, but they will change the scrub radius, which may worsen the handling. In any case, I guess I'll have to pony up the dough for some aftermarket shocks sooner than I had hoped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts