Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to get my hands on the Xlecaliber axle for a decent price. Is this a good axle? Is installation easy? I am buying it used, with the warranty cards still blank. The axle looks brand new. Complete with all spacers and everything. It says its 0to+3. Heard a rumor there was a change in design, is there a prefferabe design?
Thanks
AC

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
i know where u can get a brand new one for 319 try to work down the price if ur getting the one in the F/s section

·
Registered
379 Posts
Excellent axle. The change was in the rear hub. If it has been mounted you should be ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lsr axles r great. stay away from durablues, cuz they bend and b=reak easier and the warraty isnt as good. the first time free replacement and after that $175 for the durablues

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
crashinmatt did you hear that or do you own one your self because i own one and no bend at all and i jump like 10 ft and bigger and never had it even bend so i was wondering

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Great axle, I have one on my Z after I bent two crappy stock axles. Denton will sell it for $319, thats about as low as you will find it brand new, so use that as a comparison for your haggling. The warranty cant be beat, its great. No regrets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have owned both. bent my durablue on a small jump. and i know that the warranty sucks. also have a friend u broke his durablue. i now have a lsr with no problems and the warranty is a true lifetime warranty for original purchaser.

·
Registered
107 Posts
everyone is right durablue = crap and lsr is a very good axle. I never saw a lsr bend or break but a lot of durablue did

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
rpm also has a true lifetime warintee like lsr

·
Registered
107 Posts
The rpm can be +2/+4 but the lsr +1/+3 longer than stock

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's 0 to 3. I love mine, it's really a great axle!

·
Registered
79 Posts
LSR Axle Question

I figure some of you guys will have the answer....

I just put a LSR axle on my Z400. Do I need to use the washers that were between the hub and the axle nut on the stock axle? In other words, on the LSR Axle do I need to use the stock washer between the hub or spacer and the new LSR Axle nut?

I don't think so, but just thought I'd get confirmation.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I used it on mine. I'm not sure if you have to, but mine works fine with it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
yeah

lonestar makes axles 4 everything durablue is a little weaker but I have had problems with lsr also when you race sometimes the lips on the jumps through you and you dont have time to staigthen the bike in the air. I have had less problems with the lsr though. 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've used Lonestar axles on 250R's and X's for years. The only complaint I've ever had is with excess chrome plating found in the hub splines. Other than that, a quality product. RPM's are fine quality, too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts