Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Mikuni BSR29 on these quads seems to be a weird, uncommon carb. Can anyone recommend a quality rebuild kit for it? Or, should I save up for a new in box Genuine Suzuki carb from the 'Bay? My stocker is missing the slosh plate around the main, and has some janky fuel bowl screws. Despite being relatively clean inside and no corrosion, I guess I don't trust it. Pricing out O.E parts from PartZilla is adding up fast and I don't even know if this carb worked ok. Or, is there another, more common carb that'll slide on without mods? Machine will be all stock, but will do the Raptor petcock trick.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're almost always fixable. The slosh plate is insignificant. We use All Balls carb kits at the shop. I don't necessarily use the jets unless I need one, but they have worked well for us.
Thanks. I was looking at their kits last night, the seemed to have the best reviews. All of my jets are clean. I also need the air cutoff valve rebuild kit. I don't see the air mixture screw at the throat of the carb....just a brass cover with a pinhole in it. Is this adjustable or is this a wonderful EPA carb?

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you tried Amazon for carb stuff ?they have a lot and return policy better the "the bay"
Yes....hard to know what a quality kit is. And, y'all will think I'm crazy, I hate Amazon. Too many bad experiences. I understand the return policy though. My jets are clean and can be reused....I just need the rubber parts, needle and seat, bowl gasket, and air valve diaphragm. I think I'm gonna look at the All Balls kit that CFM suggested.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes amazon can be trying at times ,remember your time is worth a lot
probably better just to buy as new carb with a warranty either manufacturer or aftermarket sh*t happens(y)🤔
I considered a new carb. Cheapest I found was about $370.....for a machine I paid $300 for. So....new carb is a last ditch effort. They don't seem hard to fix and mine is pretty clean overall. Time will tell! The important stuff is getting done first. Jug is going to the machine shop today to get bored over, and I have to send the crank out to get split for a new connecting rod. Then, I'll powerwash the chassis to finish disassembly. She's a rough mess, but I'll get her straight!!

· Registered
16 Posts
OMG is the carb gold plated LOL?
would like to see a pic of the carb looked on the net haven't found one yet really intrigued to see what it looks like
does sounds like a kit will be the better option good that the carb is clean on the inside
FYI use fuel stabilizer year round or use premium no ethanol gasoline the ethanol KILLS carburetors

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG is the carb gold plated LOL?
would like to see a pic of the carb looked on the net haven't found one yet really intrigued to see what it looks like
does sounds like a kit will be the better option good that the carb is clean on the inside
FYI use fuel stabilizer year round or use premium no ethanol gasoline the ethanol KILLS carburetors
NEW 2004 - 2010 SUZUKI LT-Z 250 LTZ QUADSPORT OEM CARBURETOR CARB 13200-21G10 | eBay <<<<<<<<<New OEM on ebay. On PartZilla, it's $483!!

For the record, I only run 89 or 90 octane non-ethanol rec fuel in all of my outdoor power equipment....nothing with ANY ethanol content is allowed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts