Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked this thing up about a year ago and around beautiful for 6 months and then one day I get on it push start and I have zero not a click or anything. Check battery no problem there. I fiddle with it and can't figure it out. Now it's 6 months later and I get serious I research and try to determine what the problem is. Work on it off and on for a day and a half with no luck. When I jump the relay it turns over but does not start. When I disassemble the start stop switch and check for power there is none in the switch at all. The key has power coming in and out. When you turn it on to power the headlight turns on in addition to the neutral light. What could it be?

· Administrator
4,025 Posts
Im not sure of the starting procedure for the 250. We have to pull the clutch in on the 400.. Wonder if something is locking you out. Seems you ruled out the kill switch.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure of the starting procedure for the 250. We have to pull the clutch in on the 400.. Wonder if something is locking you out. Seems you ruled out the kill switch.
Okay it gets weirder. I left the key on for a day and killed the battery. Charged it back up for a few hours came back out and it cranked over and started immediately. Is it possible that the battery dying was as if I had disconnected the battery and that reset something?? Meaning if I would have 6 months ago disconnected the battery and reconnected it maybe it would have reset something. Now it starts and runs fantastic.

· Administrator
4,025 Posts
That would be the first I heard of it on an older quad. Weird is right..Enjoy it while it works.:)

· Registered
19 Posts
So I picked this thing up about a year ago and around beautiful for 6 months and then one day I get on it push start and I have zero not a click or anything. Check battery no problem there. I fiddle with it and can't figure it out. Now it's 6 months later and I get serious I research and try to determine what the problem is. Work on it off and on for a day and a half with no luck. When I jump the relay it turns over but does not start. When I disassemble the start stop switch and check for power there is none in the switch at all. The key has power coming in and out. When you turn it on to power the headlight turns on in addition to the neutral light. What could it be?
I would recommend first to get a wiring schematic for your quad 1st the best thing is to know how the system works 99% to find the problem 1% to fix try manuals.lib a very good source for info or Clymer publications also has schematics manuals Unless the CDI box is not getting B+ power or possible stator or CDI box to fire the plug it will not start
did you see if getting spark at the spark plug?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be the first I heard of it on an older quad. Weird is right..Enjoy it while it works.:)
So we went to the desert it started right up for about an hour. Then boom it stopped again. No click no nothing. So I thought let's disconnect the battery for a half hour reconnect and see if it starts that didn't work. Forgot about it till the next day connected the battery back up it started and we wrote it all day. I need to know what the series of electrical switches are, and where they are. One of them must be malfunctioning. Is there a good wiring diagram I could be pointed at?

· Administrator
4,025 Posts
Not sure on the 250. Usually have a wiring diagram in the service manuals. You can get them online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts