Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my son an LTA-50 three weeks ago....he has a need for speed....any ideas...I've already installed a pipe and took out both regulators (manifold and exhaust). Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
try a filter and then re-jet. it should go a little quicker then.

dave

·
Registered
794 Posts
Also try taking the airbox lid off. I did that on my 90.

Later

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
alky

·
Registered
40 Posts
alky could mean...alcohol? as in race gas or high octane gas, that should do a good job makin it qucker or, go for an LT-80 they kick ass

·
Registered
221 Posts
actually, if you get some special carbs and some other stuff, you actually run alchohal in the gas. makes the beast FLY.

dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought one last year for my son for Christmas. Right away we realized it needed more power so I got a pipe from Graydon Proline, took out all the restricters, took the carb off and drilled out the restrictor in the carb intake manifold, went to a hobby shop and got some hobby size drill bits to ream the main jet up 2 sizes, and drilled 5 holes in the airbox. Now the quad still is not that fast but it has a lot more power to climb hills and play in the mud. The LTA 50 has a single speed tranny so I dont think there is a whole lot you can do to get a lot of speed out of it. My sons will do 18 on gps and that is plenty fast for a five year old. When he gets a little older and I feel he can handle the speed we will get the lt80, but for now the lta50 works out great :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts