Suzuki Central Forum banner

Ltr pipe mimic.

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  91mcnasty 
#1 ·
I tried using the search button but didn't get a hit. I LOVE how the ltr's exhaust comes out of the middle in the back, I was wondering if anyone has done it yet. I'm curious as to how your setup looks! I'm pondering trying to mimic the look with my Pipe. Thanks!
Kaleb

#2 ·
You'd have to move the battery up front and trim the plastic battery box out of the way. Then you'd have room for the muffler. Then it's just fabrication to get it to fit. Next fit the muffler where you want it and cut/weld the pipe to match up. If you're handy with a drill, nutserts, and a little cutting/welding. I believe it's possible with some work.

#3 ·
Someone on here did it a while ago. OP didn't stick around here very long if I remember. It really wouldn't be that hard to do, just move the battery up front like streetfighter said. Leave yourself plenty of room with the bend into the can so you can still have a decent intake

#4 ·
I want to see this if you are able to get it done.

#5 ·
My cousin works at an exhaust shop and I'm literally IN LOVE with the look, so I'm really gonna try to make it happen!!! I appreciate the responses, it sounds very do-able! After closer investigation, I've discovered that the airbox will also have to be modified quite a bit. You might be able to get away with making it about half as deep, if your filter setup would allow it!

#6 ·
I would ditch the air box and get a velocity intake system because it sits the highest which will make it alot easier for pipe to clear. By doing this will it run the same? Will power band power change? Will bend of pipe make any kind of difference weather it be good or bad is what I would like to know if and when you do this. Hopefully this happens! Are you going with the yosh?

#7 ·
there was definitely a thread back in like....2006. i couldnt find it and cannot remember who it was but its the only time i have seen it done on a Z.

i was going to do it but there wasnt any advantage for me other than unique looks so ikinda let that idea die.

#8 ·
Well I already thought of that pullido but I will be primarily trail riding so getting rid of the airbox is out of the question, and I don't believe it will change the performance of the quad much, if any. It doesn't look like a bunch of pipe will need to be added, the existing pipe will just need to be cut and shaped appropriately.I will definantely let you know how it feels thou! Right now I have the HMF bill ballance pipe, but I'm trying to find someone that will trade cash and my pipe for their yoshy, IT WOULD MAKE THIS SETUP!!!!!!!

#10 ·
you going to get the ltr yosh pipe?

#9 ·
And thanks for the research zookie!!!!!

#11 ·
That would be nice but I don't think I'll have the money for it honestly

#12 ·
i'd get some sort of ltr pipe so its designed to be a center mounted pipe.

#13 ·
^ definantely, and you could sell your slip on to compensate for the huge cost haha. Yoshy's are like 400 bucks on eBay looks like This might take a while!

#14 ·
Yoshy's are like 400 bucks on eBay looks like This might take a while!
:eek: If it ain't broke don't fix it for 400$ Maybe register on some LTR forums and see if one comes up for a great deal then snag it up quickly:)

#15 ·
You won't really find any deals on ltr exhausts, they always get scooped up right away. I found my yoshi for $300 and bought it instantly and made sure I had the money afterwards :lol

I would just grab an LTR stock pipe. They are dirt cheap and easy enough to mess with without feeling bad.

#16 ·
good idea, then once you have everything perfect (mounts, placement pipe bends) and have some cash you can drop it on a yosh. but in the mean time you'd be ready to go and have the look you were looking for. I imagine the ltr stock pipe ain't that bad to begin with anyways.

#21 ·
#22 ·
Thats stupid cheap!!!!! of course it has to pop up right before i go pay for my motor work :(((

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.