Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you could put ltz, kfx springs on a ltr shock? I'm guessing they are shorter. If someone would do some measuring on a ltz spring I would appreciate it. would like to know how long it is without any weight on it and what the inside diameter is and the outside diameter. Please list if you have rezzies or not, thanks.

·
Registered
573 Posts
are you running stock arms on your Z or +2's? i have +3 roll design arms and im running stock ltr shocks for flat track and they lowered me another 2 1/2 inchs from the long travels that came with it. Ive ran this setup all year and it WORKS...might want to be something to look into to ...hope it helps

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running my ltr. I was wondering if the ltz spring was shorter than the ltr spring and if a ltz spring would fit on a ltr shock if it was shorter. Can't put a lowering kit on the front because the spring will get into the sway bar linkage. Could get a arms but would be cheaper if I could pick up some springs and so used front shocks. Guys on ltrhq had some used front shocks for around 100 dollars

·
Registered
573 Posts
was the lowering kit you were looking at mounted to the lower a-arm or the upper shock mount? i know the crj kits will not work unless your sway bar mounts to upper arm like a rath bar. but the dura blue lowering kits use the upper shock mount. it takes the top of the shock and moves it out and up to lower you down and that will not get in the way of you sway bar. i had to run the dura blue kits on my ltr so it didnt rub my sway bar

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Check out the suspension section for different measurements.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will have to look into that hitman I got the crj links and yeah its in the way. thanks chino

·
Registered
573 Posts
did you find them? they are more expensive but they work lol...or if you have time and the materials....you can make your own lowering links...ive done it for a couple buddies wasnt hard. Just need flat stock alum. and some time lol

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I found them. But I'm done flat tracking tell next year. I helped put them on a banshee before. Planning on doing some tt racing to so I wonder if they would hold up to some jumping or not

·
Registered
573 Posts
ive never jumped with them so i cant really say for sure...i tried one tt race with lowering kits on a buddies trx and it framed out all over but when we took them off it was still fast through the corners and took jumps great lol...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts