Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tired of this tip over sensor killing my quad when jumping. It's caused me to about flip a couple times. Jump up a bank then it shuts off. Not cool!! Lol. Anyone have a good bypass write up for the sensor or am i gonna have to buy a aftermarket sensor? Thanks

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,013 Posts
how can you say its your tip over sensor. My quad did that before and the key was bad. The wires pulled out of the key and would cause it to loose connection. Or if you have a kill switch is it hooked up correctly ( only for a normally closed one). The tip over switch has never given me any problems and i tossed away my quad quite a few times racing this year.

Also what happens when it shuts off. does the red dumbly light start flashing and you have to cycle the key again or does it just keep going. Or when your quad starts to turn off does your green light and your red dummy light turn on? This is all information i need to help you with this.

and last is your tip over switch still connected to its mounting point?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because thats what I was told at the ltr forum by many people and yes I have to cycle the key. Yes everything is good. People has had to many problems with them. They describe the same problems as mine. They bypass or buy a aftermarket sensor and it fixes the problem. So yes, I know its the tip sensor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do yall ride through the woods and very rocky areas? It cuts in and out in and out lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fount the write up. Very very helpful. I will be doing that and check the key out also. Thanks guys

·
3,013 Posts
Do yall ride through the woods and very rocky areas? It cuts in and out in and out lol
Do I ride through the woods haha!!!. Yes! and mine did that to with the key wires coming out of the back. LOL Personally I would leave the tip over sensor alone. If you flip the ltr it will stay running which is a hazard to you if you can get back up and pick it up. To each his own just saying

·
3,013 Posts
you state it cuts in and out. So if it was tip over switch it should stop running and you would have to cycle the key. to turn it back on

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: checked the key plugin. Had dirt in it and that's seems to have fixed the problem but i still have not went over some super bumpy stuff yet so we will see

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
you could do the Tip Over Sensor Mod

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know that i'm way late adding this reply to this thread but as i am just now having a issue with my roll over sensor. i have had the pendulum epoxied in place for years so it cant shut off but now it has just gone out. which cost me a new harness, temp sensor, map sensor, air temp sensor, injector' and wiring harness to finally figure out it was that dang thing. which with it being glued up i never even thought that it could be the problem. now that i have had a issue with it i want it gone. since you cant just bypass it all together i have been reading up on them and found out that there is only about three different styles used on all atv's and motorcycles. after i discovered this i found a video on YouTube of someone eliminating one on a sport bike using 0.5 resistors running one from each outside wire to the center wire. i have the resistors ordered i'll update thread if it works for me. oh and on the subject of whether you need it or not. if you cant seam to keep your Quad on its wheels it might be handy but if you are racing you are required to run a tether kill switch which serves the same purpose and i would rather it be my choice when my bike shuts off instead of some little box that has no idea what is going to happen to me when it does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts