Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use LTR450 exhaust on a 400? I just installed a big bore kit on my 400 and would like to upgrade the exhaust for it to accomodate the new kit. Is there way to adapt the head pipe to make it work? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Yes it's possible, but don't expect it to be easy. There have been probably 3 people on here I've seen do it.

Although it does look sweet, the LTR leaves hardly any room for a good intake. IMO no matter what you do it is way too close to the exhaust and sucks in hot air...

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,047 Posts
ill sell you a full stock ltr exhaust.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
YFZ pipes are probably a lot easy to use. At least that is what we used for a while. We just cut and stepped the head pipe off a stock Z and then used mid-pipe back a YFZ aftermarket pipe (Jardine and then Venom for a long time) Now I am running a Z400 Alba pipe.

Reactions: ZRider400bk

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
YFZ pipes are probably a lot easy to use. At least that is what we used for a while. We just cut and stepped the head pipe off a stock Z and then used mid-pipe back a YFZ aftermarket pipe (Jardine and then Venom for a long time) Now I am running a Z400 Alba pipe.
Whoa! I haven't seen you in here in well over a year!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i heard you put a yzf exhaust on ltz, i was wondering on mounting an yzf 450 silencer on my z, the diameter of the mufller goes well with my aftermarket head pipe , but i dont know if it fit, let me know what you think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts