Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a non-running 2003 ltz 400 on fb marketplace and found and fixed multiple problems. when I try to start it the fuse in the solenoid blows immediately (15 amp). its a new wiring harness so no cut wires. could it be a bad ground? It is a cheap solenoid from amazon could this be maybe I hooked the wire harness up incorrectly or bad solenoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would hook up a separate battery directly to the starter, eliminating any current wiring, and see if the starter itself is good. The starter itself could be bad. Second test would be to try to bump start it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello if your fuse blows immediately then your problem is you have a direct short to ground
1st check with a DVOM the continuity between the case of the solenoid to all terminal ends one at a time to make sure you have open circuit
if the meter shows 0.00 ohms( closed circuit) then this you problem
If it shows open circuit on the solenoid then assume the solenoid is not your issue then you need a schematic to continue
Try www. manual.lib enter your model in the search bar 2nd choice down and it will take you to index go to electrical diagrams & it will show you the starting circuit
Hope this helps & good luck(y)
Quad 44

1 - 3 of 3 Posts