Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to start with this issue? I did find that I kept blowing the 10amp fuse. Tried jumping across starter still nothing.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
If you mean the fuse by the starter relay, it should be a 20amp fuse. You may have other wiring problems, but 10amp is too low for that load.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have two fuses a 30amp on the starter box and another coming of battery 10amp going to what I believe is the cdi box

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Never seen that one before. Where is it located?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is a 2012 one 10amp fuse in little side compatrment beside battery box them the 30amp is under plastic comparment with starter

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Ahhh, I see. I’m not familiar with ‘08 and up. You’ll have to find a manual to see what system it’s for, most likely ignition or fuel injection. If it looks like it runs into the CDI, you can check that plug for a short (pulled or burned pin in the connector). Otherwise, you’ll need to know what system to chase the wires using a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh, I see. I’m not familiar with ‘08 and up. You’ll have to find a manual to see what system it’s for, most likely ignition or fuel injection. If it looks like it runs into the CDI, you can check that plug for a short (pulled or burned pin in the connector). Otherwise, you’ll need to know what system to chase the wires using a wiring diagram.
I did some more research so that other fuse goes to the voltage regulator/rectifier

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Those typically don’t fail, but it’s possible. I assume the battery cables are tight and the posts of the battery aren’t hitting anything metal like tools or something bouncing around under the seat. I would look over the harness really good for bare wire or loose connectors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All battery cables are tight battery was totally dead. So its not charging for some reason.

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Could just be a bad battery. You’ll have to check for higher voltage while running than sitting. Should be close to 14v.

Reactions: Curtis17

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey got another question for ya. Quads have a CDI box. Inhave an aftermarket HMF exhaust and was looking at an EFI controller. Now does this tale the place of the CDI Box? Are they they same thing?

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
No, they splice into the factory CDI harness to feed the CDI the fuel curve and ignition advance changes (on some models). No way to test the CDI except swap out for a known good one.

Reactions: Curtis17

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts