Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 2008 ltz 400 and i rebuilt it about 5 months ago. It ran fine around 3 months ago until it started having starting issues it seems like it’s extremely cold blooded. Ive rebuilt the carb 2 times in 7 months and i just put a stock jet in it. But its still doing the same exact thing. It will take absolutely FOREVER to start. Im talking like turning it over for 5 minutes. Of course i let the starter cool down. But ive done all i know what to do with it. Ive also changed the spark plug recently to an ngk. Its all stock but the thing is we bought it without an airbox lid. Because the previous owner had an oversized jet and a dg exhaust. So yeah we turned the entire thing back to stock but the stock exhaust we bought, the older owner cut the spark arrestor out of it. That’s really all i got to say i just need someones help desperately because ive done all that i know.

·
Registered
353 Posts
whats the problem?
starter spinning ? is the battery any good? could be few things....
if the starter spins , make sure u get fuel to the carb, then if u have lid off u will need bigger jet then the130 oem .
if u do that and starter spins and its not starting check for spark , and valve clearnece....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know that im getting all of that im going to check the valve clearance and maybe shim them

·
Registered
353 Posts
yeah i know that im getting all of that im going to check the valve clearance and maybe shim them
yea,if u have the rest , so valve clearence will prob solve it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but when me and my buddy rebuilt it, it had a slight rod play and its got a slight knock but cant tell if its a rod knock or valve so were gonna shim it and if that dont help we might rebuild the bottom end thanks for rhe feedback

·
Registered
353 Posts
rod play up and down or side to side?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Since it take +5 minutes to start using the battery, did you try push starting it? Try that , mine was having valve issue / low compression, and it would never start easily.
If i does start right away (push starting it) ; then it's definitely not a carb or electrical issue!

Sent from my ASUS_I001DC using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts