Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 400z has a very hard time starting when its cold i have to roll it down a hill and bump it in 2nd gear to get it goin ....once its warm it starts perfect ....everyone i ask says valves and the valves have been replaced still have the proplem., im hoping a tech would have some advice for me to try to fix it...thank you please reply asap

·
Registered
396 Posts
Its the valves, check the clearances.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
HELP! Check your valve clearance, if they've been replaced, it doesn't mean they're shimmed correctly.

Use the search. ASAP.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
if it was the valves wouldnt it not start at all?

It's your valve clearance, meaning they need to be adjusted correctly for combustion to start when cold. You have the symptoms that many have had and have fixed by putting correct shim sizes to be within spec.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright i know how to adjust valves somone what would the gauge size be...and how long about would it take to take the top of the head apart and adjust them, i have the abillity to do it my self but would it just be better to have somone do it? and if i did have somone do it what would the price of that be around about?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
alright i know how to adjust valves somone what would the gauge size be...and how long about would it take to take the top of the head apart and adjust them, i have the abillity to do it my self but would it just be better to have somone do it? and if i did have somone do it what would the price of that be around about?
You don't have to take apart the head completely here is some good info;)

http://www.suzukicentral.com/forums...78535-checking-valve-lash-changing-shims.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts