Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i put a cylinder works big bore and drz kit, port and polish head on my bike a couple weeks ago well sweet luck of mine something in my crank is now going out (rod bearing i believe) this is an 07 z 400 take note lol very bad luck i would say any way i am really considering the cylinder works stroker crank now 4mm that uses the current piston i have wiseco 12-1. also i am going to throw a yfz carb on it, still have stock cams the question is what kind of reliability will i have with a bike like this... might do cams when more funds come in. ... also what clutch do you built guys suggest (oem is what i have been told) anyone have a stroker crank how satisfied with it are you????

·
Registered
767 Posts
QUOTE (pdiddy @ Jan 28 2010, 07:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768678
so i put a cylinder works big bore and drz kit, port and polish head on my bike a couple weeks ago well sweet luck of mine something in my crank is now going out (rod bearing i believe) this is an 07 z 400 take note lol very bad luck i would say any way i am really considering the cylinder works stroker crank now 4mm that uses the current piston i have wiseco 12-1. also i am going to throw a yfz carb on it, still have stock cams the question is what kind of reliability will i have with a bike like this... might do cams when more funds come in. ... also what clutch do you built guys suggest (oem is what i have been told) anyone have a stroker crank how satisfied with it are you????[/b]
Just go for it!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
i'm happy with all i have done , the clutch is the week link.
i really dont get to test mine for about 80 days, should get to a dyno before that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, Paul wat clutch do you suggest i use oem or what ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
mods are in my sig and ive been useing oem clutches with cr 500 springs. works perfect

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
QUOTE (MUDDIN @ Jan 30 2010, 10:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768758
mods are in my sig and ive been useing oem clutches with cr 500 springs. works perfect[/b]
Holy crap MUDDIN, how so you keep that thing steering with those mods and that gearing!!? :icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
lol I got no clue how he does it.... when I had 13-40 gearing with my stroker it was just a squirly soab.... id hit 5th in a trail and tap it out not realizing it lol....

but then again... it tapped out with that gearing at about 105km's tops... still damn fast in a trail i know... but it was just so easy to do it... heck.. I ususaly only used my 3rd-5th gear.... take of in second from a dead stop... other then that forget about it....

15-40 gearing I got it to about 120km's tops and still pretty squirly at moments.... but was more trail friendly lol...

Do the stroker... you be happy with it if you get it running good.... those stock cams are gona kill ya though... untill then you wont get the full thing...

Thinking on bringing mine in to a dyno eventually... just got news that theres a guy 3 hours away or so that can do it...

Im dying to try a smaller rear sproket... want some longer gears for this thing....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I'll have a 467 when its stroked. I also have the OSHCs. Can't be tooooo bad with those could it?

With the 440, I currently run 12/42 gearing for the real technical stuff we ride in. Need the torque and I can use
2nd-4th most of the time and have all that I need. Imagine though how fast I get 'er tapped in 5th on the larger trail!! It doesn't really work in hair scrambles though since I cant go very fast in the faster sections.

So Here's the question. If I need to run 12/42 to get it to where I like it now for the technical stuff, what will I be able to gear it at when its stroked to get the same kinda low end pull and control in the tighties...and still be able to walk 450s through the fields in 5th in hair scrambles?

Shouldn't the stroker provide enough low end torque to still crawl like a Hummer , and also fly in 5th with like, 15/40 or 14/40 gearing?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
If your engine is assembled correctly and all clearances are checked, it will be completely reliable. As for clutch, the barnett carbon fiber is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ICanzu.... you can lug around very easly with the stroker... you can take off in a low speed at a high gear no problem...

do some testing... for your riding... mayb a 14-40 would be good... 15-40 was good... but from the sounds of it... it might be abit high for your liking

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I agree 100% with LTZGUY....that is the only clutch I ever got to hold up in my drag bike.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
damn guys.... how is my ebc clutch kit going to last?!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
QUOTE (ride.race.live @ Feb 2 2010, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768979
ICanzu.... you can lug around very easly with the stroker... you can take off in a low speed at a high gear no problem...

do some testing... for your riding... mayb a 14-40 would be good... 15-40 was good... but from the sounds of it... it might be abit high for your liking[/b]
Thanks, I shall try the 14/40 first. If I need lower gearing though, would it be just as well to go down in the rear to a 37 or 38 so I don't have to shave the case saver?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yea... would be easier going down in the back then going up in the front... i think right now im going to be running a 14-36.... but might bump my 14 to a 15... my goal is to try and stay in 3rd gear on most places.... thats the power house of these bikes in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
QUOTE (icanzu @ Feb 2 2010, 11:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=769055
Thanks, I shall try the 14/40 first. If I need lower gearing though, would it be just as well to go down in the rear to a 37 or 38 so I don't have to shave the case saver?[/b]
You still blow my mind w/ your gearing. lol You must be down to a CRAWL in most of your riding conditions. I have a stock motor other than an intake cam and an 11:1 comp ratio and still can run 14/40 for every condition I face running the GNCC's and trail riding.

With as big of a motor as your gonna have I'd say you can run 14/40 NO problem.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yea... seriously! lol... when I had my gearing for my bike when it was stock with just a slip on exhaust (13-40) then blew the engine and never changed the gearing after getting my 470.... I couldnt get over it.... it felt powerless... all it did was wind out like i was hammering it on ice with slicks on... and not because im spinning... but the gears just winded out before i got to feel the "torque" and hp... now just to find that gearing so its right on the spot... that i dont loose accel but really feal the gears pull... and aim for 3rd being my all out power gear for trails... to the point i can go to almost a idle roll and throttle out... which is very possible with this build lol

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
QUOTE (Flynbryan @ Feb 3 2010, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=769073
You still blow my mind w/ your gearing. lol You must be down to a CRAWL in most of your riding conditions. I have a stock motor other than an intake cam and an 11:1 comp ratio and still can run 14/40 for every condition I face running the GNCC's and trail riding.

With as big of a motor as your gonna have I'd say you can run 14/40 NO problem.[/b]

Yeah, I know, I've heard that before . I started out with 14/40 with the BB and it was terrible where we ride. 13/40 worked but not well enough. So when a couple of guys who ride in the same terrain told me they were running 12/42. I pretty much :icon_eek: ed when i heard that too. But I went and tried it and it felt really good with the 22s. There's bookoo power in every gear for monster pull at all rpm and we rarely go fast enough anywhere to hit the limiter in 5th.

A lot of the terrain we ride in consists of rock....and some real BIG rocks, and steep grades with really big rocks. Heck we even ride in the Trials Bike area, which is about stupid..... You wouldn't wanna be a skid plate! There are people that won't even take there pretty quads out there because its so hard on the equipment. I like to be able to role and climb that stuff without going too clutch crazy.

So it's either that ^^^...........or I just plain a suck as a rider..... :icon_biggrin:

Now on the short track with 18s I run 14/40....

·
Registered
640 Posts
i just hang on and GO. plus its sand only.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
lol muddin thats always one way to do it!

u got low as gearing tro eh! jesus

1 - 20 of 30 Posts