Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
QUOTE (pdiddy @ Jan 28 2010, 06:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768678
so i put a cylinder works big bore and drz kit, port and polish head on my bike a couple weeks ago well sweet luck of mine something in my crank is now going out (rod bearing i believe) this is an 07 z 400 take note lol very bad luck i would say any way i am really considering the cylinder works stroker crank now 4mm that uses the current piston i have wiseco 12-1. also i am going to throw a yfz carb on it, still have stock cams the question is what kind of reliability will i have with a bike like this... might do cams when more funds come in. ... also what clutch do you built guys suggest (oem is what i have been told) anyone have a stroker crank how satisfied with it are you????[/b]
I have three rides on my +4 stroker with cylinder works 434 kit. I had my friend build it' he owns a dyno shop and has been building race bikes 35 years. I replaced all lower end bearings, head is stock with stock cams and springs, pipe and jet kit. My opinion depending on how you ride, is that adding cams just moves the power band up so you feel the hit a little harder at speed, but it does not maintain linearity through out the power band. DRZ springs make valves and cams work harder which means more wear. I love the way it runs, plenty of power, and dependable. Went back to stock sprockets and chain, may go yzf carb, but nice the way it is. Many may not agree but, again depends on the ride type. Ocatillo wells for me, hard pack desert. Good luck

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i run the +4 bbk and +4 stroke also. I am running EBC clutch and its holding up fine.
I have twp races on it and it has outrun nearly every 450 i have put it against. The one that passed me was from my own mistake in the sand whoops.
The hit is strong and pulls very hard to about 8000 rpm which is around the maximum safe point for this build, and when you shift it tears loose and takes off again.
I ran 15/40 gearing for xc racing to make use of the bottom end and i would get crazy fast on the straights. I swapped back to a 14/40 so it can break the tires loose for the tight twisty tracks.
All in all, it is an awesome build.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
QUOTE (icanzu @ Feb 2 2010, 10:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=769055
Thanks, I shall try the 14/40 first. If I need lower gearing though, would it be just as well to go down in the rear to a 37 or 38 so I don't have to shave the case saver?[/b]
You've got it backwards though, if you wanted lower gearing you would want a smaller sprocket up front and a larger in the rear.

·
Registered
640 Posts
my riding in the sand is with 22" hauler extremes 9 paddle and believe me when i say we go where the big kids play. most of the time i dont need top speed i need power and alot of it. i need to be able to spin and rev to get my wheel speed to make some of the hills that we back down into and the only out is UP.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
QUOTE (Camaro1976 @ Feb 10 2010, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=769601
You've got it backwards though, if you wanted lower gearing you would want a smaller sprocket up front and a larger in the rear.[/b]
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Camaro. I actually meant "higher gearing".......

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Oh by the way, I meant to ask...does anyone here know how to figure how high I can safely twist my 467 stroker after its all said and done? Got a Big Gun High Rev Box on there now. Don't really know how high they go, and I don't want to grenade my nice new expensive...stroker by bouncing off the rev limiter accidentally at 10 or 11 grand.....

( Wiseco12.5:1 94.5mm w/ 4mm crank, 3 layer base gasket)

Can't quite figure out what final compression will be either.

·
Registered
594 Posts
icanzu, is your 470 still holding up good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in most of rebuilding my 04 ltz. My plans are cylinder works big bore kit cuz I have on my race quad and love it.. also I'm going with stroker kit for bottom end since I have to replace crank anyways. I have yoshi pipe. And running 13-40 hearing. But my questions are what kinda valves do I want to use? And do I run stock carb... I use foam air filter for conditions I ride in... this is gonna be my new race motor.. I race nyoa series in n.y and I also run some gncc races

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
A big bore stroker motor with be starving for air with a stock carb. I would use at least an FCR 39, if not bigger. Oversized valves would also be an improvement and they come with stronger springs, which allows for a CDI with a higher rev limiter. All of that means a lot more power than the BBK and stroker alone.

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
I went with stock size stainless valves, and drz springs. As bulletproof as it gets, IMO..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts