Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. So I have an 05 LTZ400 and went for a ride the other day, I was ripping up moist dirt road in 4th when it sounded like a back fire and I lost all power to the engine felt like it was bogged. The starter would still turn over but nothing. I’ve checked the spark plug and still have spark, cleaned the carb and when I try spraying quick start into the air intake it will pop but not start. Any ideas? Anything would help

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Sounds like it’s time to check valve clearance and compression. Any smoke? My dirt bike did the same thing when it overheated and welded the rings to the cylinder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there. So I have an 05 LTZ400 and went for a ride the other day, I was ripping up moist dirt road in 4th when it sounded like a back fire and I lost all power to the engine felt like it was bogged. The starter would still turn over but nothing. I’ve checked the spark plug and still have spark, cleaned the carb and when I try spraying quick start into the air intake it will pop but not start. Any ideas? Anything would help
I would say that you lost compression Or timing chain / timing

Start with compression test

1 - 3 of 3 Posts