Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put a 155 main and 25 pilot in my 05 ltz 400 and I can’t get it to start! ( couldn’t get it to start before that either) I just bought it recently non running. The guy told me he though it was the carb. It’s got a big bore a rev max cdi and full monster exhaust. It’s got spark and good compression. I’m completely lost!

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
The main wont have any effect on it starting, but I feel that may be a bit small for a big bore, if its a dyna jet, not so bad if its mikuni, depending where you are.
Do you have fresh fuel to the carb? I would try a fresh pug and a spray of starting fluid to see what it does first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main wont have any effect on it starting, but I feel that may be a bit small for a big bore, if its a dyna jet, not so bad if its mikuni, depending where you are.
Do you have fresh fuel to the carb? I would try a fresh pug and a spray of starting fluid to see what it does first.
Ok I did what you said and I got it running! I think I need a bigger pilot and main jet? Any thoughts on what sizes I need?

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
Check out the jetting database and the the dyna vs mikuni jetting chart. If its a dyna, I would start at 170, at low elevation. 25 pilot should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts