Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of no where I hop on the quad and it won't back up. I try to go forward and it won't move or stall. So I twisted the screw IN on the lever until it stalled out and started to move. I rode it on the sandbar and at full throttle it just wasn't moving that fast. Possibly slipping? Not sure what kind of oil is in the motor as I got it less than a month ago and it had fresh oil change.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
slipping clutch? I know for one I take no ones word when they say its had a fresh oil change. When I pickup a new ride that is the very first thing I do when it comes off the truck.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Well oil plays a very big part in clutch slippage, mine was sslipping real bad and changed the oil and bam, it grabs like a sob. I use castrol 4t motorcycle oil, and its effing great IMO

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Correct oil/level? Clutch adjusted correctly?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ran fine before them I let my buddy ride it for the first time. Then about 30min later I hoped on the quad and it wouldn't move.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
That was your first mistake lol. Unless I know they can pay for it they don't ride it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seemed normal, I was watching him ride it around. Anyways, I'll probably just change the oil and clutch since the season is almost over. What brands should I get it stay away from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I changed the oil and filter. I used Rotella T 15w40. I haven't had a chance to ride it cause it's getting cold but I'm trying to figure out the proper setting on the clutch. When should it be grabbing? 1/2 way from a full squeeze? 1/4?

Right now I have the cable on the clutch lever twisted as far as it will go in and it seems to enage about half way....Then While researching I found out 8" down there's another way to adjust it. I checked my Warrior 350 and it seemed to be the same.

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
2 Posts
slipping clutch? I know for one I take no ones word when they say its had a fresh oil change. When I pickup a new ride that is the very first thing I do when it comes off the truck.
Hey I was wondering if you knew or have had experience of your quad not going into 2nd gear and just dying on you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts